Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Gilneas Tower

WIP.jpg

Hello all!

As my first post, I'd like to say that I'm a student and this is my attempt at modeling and texturing and all that jazz. Trying to wrap my head around this. I'm more of a traditional 2D artist so this 3D thing is quite difficult for me and there hasn't been anyone around to really show me how to do things correctly.

As you can tell, I have a lot of improvements on this. The roof texture doesn't feel right or look right, I'm not too hot on the wall textures, and the wood needs work. I'm trying to go for a hand painted look but that ended up giving me confusion on whether I should model certain things out or not - or should I rely on the textures to do its work.

Any advice on a good workflow?

Sincerely lost,
SharloDee

Replies

• Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    Moved this to Pimping & Previews.
  • SaferDan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaferDan polycounter lvl 14
    You have a good start! The texture need alot of work though! None of them are working with each other at all. The stone one looks photosourced as does the wood while the tiles clearly arent. If i were you i would go back pick a definate style (hand painted i assume) and gather more reference. The model doesnt look bad at all.

Also the next time you give a render it might be an idea to put the whole model in the screen shot? Also put something in for scale so we can ook at your proportions and stuff :)

Its a good start though :)