Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Body Sculpting

Hey guys

Just got this sculpting to a state where I feel its time for Polycount crits time :)
This is my first attempt trying to sculpt anatomy.
The character is intended to be a pin up girl so im not going for anything to muscular, but toned.
Anyway let me know what you think :)
ladyyyy.jpg

Replies

• Cap Hotkill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cap Hotkill polycounter lvl 13
    Feet are too small and flat, shes very strong on the shoulders but she has no hips, you should check her proportions and compare them with real woman.
    her arms seems to be a bit short also.

Keep working on her ;)
  • lunipard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with Cap Hotkill.

None of the muscles you defined around the waist (both in the back and in the front) are clearly visible on a curvy woman. Also it looks like she is shrugging, her shoulders seem tense. Maybe make the neck longer? And possibly less defined too. Feet should be wider. Her head is very edgy, and I think she would look more feminine if you softened her up a little in general.
    Looking forward to see it finished.
  • Grenade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arms are too manly like, should be a wee bit smaller and quit not so round, the inside and outside of the muscles are a bit more planar whilst the top and bottom is quite round (Imagine the two bones with a bit meat on them). Shoulders should moved in a bit and scaled down. A bit more round buttocks, both the upper and lower part. (Dem fit girls got quite round buttocks')

Not sure, but the breast should be a bit lower.

Great first attempt though!
  • gdsworld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gdsworld polycounter lvl 9
    Good work Cooke, You're close to where I am at the moment, you just need to relax your model a bit. She looks too tensed, unless thats what you intended to do.
    Keep up the good work bro!
    Gagan
  • 7mch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    7mch polycounter lvl 8
    Hi Turkey-San
    Here is what I would do to help the body look a bit more balanced.

ladyyyy.jpg
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    move down to sub division 2. delete everything higher than that. and then work on forms and silouhette. give her some posture, get her outline looking femenine. THEN start working on details.
  • Dylan Brady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dylan Brady polycounter lvl 9
    in addition to the stuff mentioned, I would pull the breasts apart more and move the nipples to the top plane.
    also, re-do your back anatomy.
    the latisimus in particular is wrong
  • BluPanda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    in addition to the prior suggestions, i'd check out the length of those legs as well... lookin a bit short to me. I know the toes are pointed, if you picture the feet flat it only exaggerates the shortness.
  • Turkey-San
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys!

Thanks for all the crits, im going to try and compile all the suggestions and work on it all day tomorrow. Hopefully ill be able to show you some progress tomorrow!
  • Turkey-San
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I have spent a bit of time today trying to alter the form and rebuild a little. I took all the crits into consideration and tried to implement all the changes suggested.

ladyy2.jpg

The changes I made

- Altered the feet by giving them more depth and making them generally bigger/wider.
    - Legs were lengthened slightly
    - The muscles all over the body were softened
    - The muscles in the arms were re worked, trying to get that planar feel between the two bones without it looking ridiculous
    - The breasts were parted and bought slightly lower as well as having the nipple placement altered.
    - The latissimus was visited and altered.

I'm still not happy with it, the head needs some heavy work thought I am really not sure where to start. I am also worried I have lost a great deal of definition while I was toning down the muscles. Though I can see VAST improvements from working off the crits.

Yet again crits are welcome and encouraged. I really want to do a good job of this so any help that can be given is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks again guys
  • Turkey-San
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update
    WOamnnn.jpg

Any crits welcome :)
  • Wocky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good!

I'd say maybe the sternomastoids seem to flow into the clavicles a bit too perfectly. It looks a little like they're one big bone?

I think the fingers are too long/thin compared to the rest of the hand. But I think you've done a pretty awesome job with this!