Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dynamite Suitcase - WIP

Replies

• letronrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really need crits to improve my work ! so don't be shy!
  • nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    overall i like the model, but the texturing leaves somthing to be desired. I also dont like the light setup at bottom. That giant shadow right in middle specifically. The briefcase looks like it has very little wear scratches or anything and is hard to tell what material it is. Also at the corners its hard to tell exactly whats going on as well
  • letronrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok thanks , but what you mean about the corner?
  • nfrrtycmplx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nfrrtycmplx polycounter lvl 18
    maybe this will help.
    paintoversuitecase.jpg

the idea being to keep the focus on the dynamite. your lining is competing with the dynomite and the clock. also desaturating the dyn-o-mite a bit will further help to punch the clock out...

the light from the clock wouldn't bleed out across the rest of the object either, because the lip of the clock and the geneal intensity of that light isn't really enough to bounce around like that.

lowering the amount of noise and shmutz will also make it a "cleaner" asset. putting some scratches and grime on the edges and corners of shit is fine, but overlaying it everywhere just makes stuff look noisy...

forgive the cruide paintover ... the ideas are hopefully clear though.

good luck
  • nfrrtycmplx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nfrrtycmplx polycounter lvl 18
    and i removed the yellow sticker because it looked rediculous :)
  • letronrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i think your right , when i look at your paint over, ill work on it and post it again thanks!! :D