Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

"complete" - witch/blue

dekorkh
triangle
Offline / Send Message
dekorkh triangle
that's 1 in the bag - 4 more to go :D

Thanks to everyone who's given me feedback on this - it really helped a whole bunch! For other's you can see the work on it in this thread http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80342&highlight=working+character+portfolio

or in my blog..
http://deniskorkh.blogspot.com/
witch_finalComp_01.jpg
witch_finalComp_02.jpg
back_02.jpg
legsDetail_01.jpg
bustDetail_01l.jpgwireframe_02.jpg

Replies

• Heartless
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heartless polycounter lvl 8
    You've GOTTA do something about that hair. It really drags down a piece that is otherwise amazing.
  • xXm0RpH3usXx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xXm0RpH3usXx polycounter lvl 13
    the first one made me think NIGHTELF (warcraft3)
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Nice work, kinda feels like you're hiding the weakest part that usually should be the strongest on characters, the face. Other than that great work.
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    Looks good, but for sweet tities' sake model out those nipples, man!:)

I also think you would benefit from a couple more hairplanes. you might also consider a transparency gradient(roots - opaque, ends - semitransparentish) gives the hair more of an airy feeling.

anyways, really great job. congratulations!
  • Aerial_Knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aerial_Knight polycounter lvl 8
    thats sweet dude
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    Hey. I beg your for spamming the thread but I kinda felt uncomfortable, 'cause given it a second thought I thought I gave you an incomplete advice.

Here's the opacity for hairplanes I used with a character I did for some freelance gig, that looks pretty good if I might say so myself(can't show):

hairtransparency.jpg

not very tidy but it communicates the point. See, how opacity is not uniform throughout the piece? It has gaps between hairs and some are visibly more transparent then the others, creating the illusion of depth. The end looks more transparent because there's just less hair. And there's a gradient along the roots to avoid sharp intersections with the head model.
    I hope this helps. Good luck.