Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: CW89

Hey PC, I'm lurking quite a lot on the forums here, so I thought: why not post some shizzle from myself and get some feedback? Gotta give and take right?
Well, to start off: I'm a 2D & 3D artist, I draw and do 3D-modelling. I feel comfortable on both areas but you'll see me pick up a pencil faster than starting up Maya :).

C&C are very welcome.

Here's some stuff I did recently and what I'm working on:

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

img002lorez.jpg

img005lorez.jpg

img013lorez.jpg

wipShot1.jpg

2D5_weaponWIP.jpg

Replies

• uneditablepoly
    I like your drawings a lot! And just out of curiosity, what is that 3d model? A weapon, perhaps? :P
  • CW89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey, thanks for checking out! :)

Yeah it's a weapon design I'm currently working on for an assignment at school. It's a one-handed harpoon device (for a game I guess) that can catch squids from a distance xD

Once caught, it will extract the ink using the 4 needles and use the ink to blind other players. The ink of those squids are also flammable, so the weapon is actually a flamethrower :P
    The needles also allow the user to control the squid's tentacles (if it's still alive) to grab onto other players as a melee attack, spray ink in their mouth and ignite it.

I'll post more WIPs of those when I can :)

Here is what I'll go for in terms of color usage, I guess it's a typical steampunk (yeah I know, overrated etc etc) weapon.

steampunk-computer-mod.png

C.
  • wake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wake polycounter lvl 17
    nice work, glad you started posting.

Your full body anatomy is pretty good, but be careful with your faces. Your last study with the 3/4s view is too flat, the eyes are uneven, and there's something very strange going on with the nose. I'd like to see some more portrait scale studies, that way we can give you a little more directed feedback.
  • CW89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi wake, thanks for dropping by.
    I agree with what you said!! Yeah I really need to work on my portraiture, I'll focus more on that then :)
    I checked out your sketchbook and you're really good! Do you have any advice on portraiture and charicature?
  • wake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wake polycounter lvl 17
    I don't have a lot of experience with caricature so I can't help so much there, but the best thing I ever did for portraiture was to spend time really looking at the skull-- learn what the underlying structures are that cause various facial features. Particularly, learn the vocabulary of those major structures; what's the Zygomatic bone? Where is it and how does its shape affect the surface? Knowing what it is, you're more likely to remember it and render it properly-- the idea that if you know something's name you have power over it :) But yeah, that goes for bones and muscles. There's some really interesting stuff if you take the time to look.

These two should also help:
    http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomiaIng.html
    http://www.anatomyatlases.org/atlasofanatomy/index.shtml

good luck man, can't wait to see the next batch.
  • CW89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for those, wake.

Here are some faces of random soccer players.

IMG_0010.jpg

C.