Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Lighting Updates in Warm Gun's "Dear Lord" (UDK Level by Emotional Robots)

Hey everyone!

I'd just like to show you some of the lighting and post-processing updates we've been making and ask what you think about the artwork in the game.
WG-Dear_Lord_1.jpg
Before

After:
Dear_Lord_Updated.jpg
After

Feel free to provide whatever feedback you want! You can find out more about the game at IndieDB.

With Regards,
Adrir

Replies

• looprix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looprix polycounter lvl 8
    I actually really dig the front building. I get the feeling it used to be something else like a church, then it was converted into a warehouse. It is also great the way the window frames are intact and the walls around them have fallen. This proves the building is made of different materials. When buildings have history they seem more real. I hope to see more structures like this in game.
    The lighting looks much better because before it was too saturated.
  • Matroskin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matroskin polycounter lvl 11
    the update definitely looks better.

Earlier version had too many colors and contrast variation as well as inconsistency in darks/brights.

Pretty much the only thing I find that could be adjusted is remove that glow from the clock. Kinda looks too bright and too "unrealish"
    Also the tower spotlight could follow the same logic as spotlights around the barn. It could be placed at the base of the tower and point up the wall. Right now the way its placed a-la watch tower kinda breaks the composition of those rays...

Overall great work on that mod guys :) Doing great job.