Home General Discussion

In need of interview advice

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff wrote: »
    LOL, I had an interesting interview it lasted for 1h and 30min. They said to prove I am good enough for them I need to do an art test for them. So here I am doing the test at the moment. If this test is confirmed ok then I need to go for the second interview. Have any of you had this situation before? Pretty odd, they go for interview first and then art test and then interview last.
    You can view it as a slight vote of confidence that they didn't reject you based on personality but it might mean that your portfolio doesn't feature exactly what they where looking for. It might be a great portfolio (I haven't checked it out) but didn't have something close to what they do. "He can do realistic but can he do stylistic? Lets see..."

By giving people an art test they can gauge the persons speed, and measure their methods using an object they are familiar with and know how they would handle it internally. Based on that they know how much training/retraining you will have to undergo and where you sit among other candidates.
  • Razgriz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Razgriz keyframe
    I've got my first phone interview with a rather large studio coming up over the next few weeks - I'm a bit nervous, but, this is great information, and it's encouraging to hear that others with the jitters ended up getting the job.

Great tips everyone, thanks for taking the time to share.