Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zombie apocalypse survivor, Winter

Replies

• Drakon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drakon polycounter lvl 6
    Well i judged it after watching different pictures from google with people holding guns, Maybe some of them had giant hands and made it look small, but it seemed that you should be able to wrap 3 and a half fingers around the handle, not 4. And the gloves make his fingers look bigger than they are so they should cover the handle and then some.
    But its cool if the size is to small, will only look better if i scale it up :)
  • mkandersson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mkandersson polycounter lvl 7
    Looks bad ass. Love the idea as well. I like the new jacket design. The Best one yet imo.
    What about having a bundle of rope hanging from right to left over his upper body to add some additional detail?
    I bet if he needs to make it over snowy obstacles a rope is quite handy.
  • Drakon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drakon polycounter lvl 6
    Finally got some time to work on this today, made a rifle and a ice climbing "hatchet"(?)

wusbyg.jpg

e88s92.jpg
  • tristamus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tristamus polycounter lvl 9
    Wow...very well done thus far.
  • PitchBlack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, I was searching on google for apocalypse survivors for fun, when I stumbled upon one of the first images in this thread. Looking further, I see that this art is awesome, and you are amazing. I now wanna check out the rest of this site. Keep doing what you doing, because this is so cool. :]
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Oh wow, for a second I thought the rifle was a photo!..but then isn't that too "brand new" for him?..to be honest I still think that the character himself looks "brand new out of the box" (even if you put a small duct tape on his shoulder, which is an unnatural place for a scratch, when you avoiding an attack most probably your lower arm will cover your self instead of the upper arm)..

_Revel
  • Drakon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drakon polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks guys! :)

Revel - Yeah its brand new, too "brand new", but i gotta start with the finished model and then work from there, same goes for clothes. When it comes to scratches, you can get them anywhere and they dont have to be at the most likely places, atleast the bigger ones. Still not to sure about how worn out he is or how long after the apocalypse this is, but that will come with time.
    Havent had much time lately but putting in all the spare time i have ;)
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Heheh take your time man, cus this piece deserve a great finishing! ;)

_Revel
  • Billz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Billz polycounter lvl 6
    That looks awesome Drakon. What are you rendering in/with? Also, can we see some wires?
  • The Scrub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd think the jacket could use some more faded out colors because UV light can cause stuff like that to degrade and I'd guess he hasn't been inside a lot.

I'm kind of against an open face and an axe at the same time
    He's going up against zombies... blood is going to get everywhere with an axe and with the exception of those immune (character issue to settle) you don't want a lot of open areas where blood can get.

Maybe some kind of Scarf with frayed ends or something for more personality but otherwise I like the character.
  • Drakon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drakon polycounter lvl 6
    Thank you :)

Billz - Rendering in 3ds Max with Mental Ray, ill throw out some wires, anything specific you want the wire of?

Scrub - Yeah wear and tear is coming, but im pretty busy these days so things are going slow.. Scarf is not a bad idea, might try it out :)

Currently working on making the rifle old and used, but spending time on it might not be the best idea since im thinking of covering it up. Im no expert but wouldnt it be reasonable to cover up some parts of the rifle to prevent dirt, snow and ice from getting in? Anyone know more about this? Right now im thinking about a towel and some rope wrapped around the barrel and scope, some kind of improvised protection like this:
    http://www.ressim.net/upload/039b9304.png
  • BadgerBaiter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was always under the impression that was more improvised camoflage for the shiny bits of the scope. Obviously it would serve to protect the scope as well...
  • Drakon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drakon polycounter lvl 6
    aaahh, i get it, ofc :P
  • Billz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Billz polycounter lvl 6
    Hey Drakon. Wires of the character base mesh would be great.

Your renders look fantastic. Are you using any special shaders or settings? Really lifelike!
  • pestibug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pestibug polycounter lvl 18
    Loving this model and idea. But I assume someone from the cold North would go on his way well prepared. So I took the liberty to doodle something.

snow_zombie_survivor.jpg

I'd think they'd grab any stuff they can get their hands on to survive the cold. pack it up as efficiently as possible.
    Ofcourse, you'd have to add stuff like, pan, knife, (ski's?) and what have you not.

Anyway... just my 2 cts.

Sweet stuff so far!
  • Drakon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drakon polycounter lvl 6
    Hi guys! Thanks for the comments!
    Billz- Heres a wire of the char, i have a lower res of the model from before i edited it in zbrush but this is what im using for the renders now. Nothing special about the material, im using the Arch & Design one and the lighting is Photometric target light with a Disc shape.
    Pestibug - wow! love your doodle! It really gives me some great ideas about where to take this :)

25a40as.jpg
  • Billz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Billz polycounter lvl 6
    This is really looking great Drakon. Fresh take on the zombie apoco. Cant wait to see it finished!
  • Drakon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drakon polycounter lvl 6
    Had some spare time today so made some rope and made the rifle more used:
    29p9f9u.jpg
    izc95l.jpg
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    Your improvement from your last thread is pretty insane.
  • Drakon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drakon polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks LRoy :)
    Im a little more at home with this kind of 3d than the fantasy monsters, but im still learning :)
  • Drakon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drakon polycounter lvl 6
    Finally got some spare time again! So heres what i got so far:
    bvekn.jpg

Backpack need re-adjusting, it seems abit to stuffed, also the colors are a bad mix. Straps will also come ;P along with some wear and tear when i get the time.
  • Drakon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drakon polycounter lvl 6
    Done some adjustments but nothing big to show yet, just tried out some weather effects using the zdepth, added some snow using PS.
    28cdnr5.jpg
  • Drakon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drakon polycounter lvl 6
    Also tried out Terragen today and tested out some mountain backgrounds for fun. Gave me some ideas of maybe making a small cabin in front of him and having the door broken down with some bloodspatter around the door area. But thats just an idea for now, next part i think is goin back to wearing his clothes out:
    2e0pt2d.jpg
  • wretchedgoat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wretchedgoat polycounter lvl 8
    wow, really cool, nice renders. Been watching this for awhile, it's really developed.
  • Drakon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drakon polycounter lvl 6
    Update:
    tweaks and fixes
    25kk0a9.jpg