Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
  • Purplepaint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Purplepaint polycounter lvl 8
    eld wrote: »
    Yeah I remember that, it was supposed to be something completely new in gameplay.

Cliffy lied and yeah it was supposed to be some crazy no gameplay :(

edit: Guess the announcement got canceled, damnit :P

http://www.1up.com/news/gears-war-vga-announcement-canceled
  • Joshua Stubbles
  • XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XenoKratios polycounter lvl 12
    man Forza gets better every year. I hope they can compete with GT 5 eh.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    man Forza gets better every year. I hope they can compete with GT 5 eh.

Thanks!! Hopefully everyone will like our new offering as well :)
    I know people complained about GT5 having the Top Gear test track. But as you can see, the Ford GT is sitting on the Top Gear test track in our game ;)

Oh, and all of our cars have interiors and damage.
  • XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks!! Hopefully everyone will like our new offering as well :)
    I know people complained about GT5 having the Top Gear test track. But as you can see, the Ford GT is sitting on the Top Gear test track in our game ;)

Oh, and all of our cars have interiors and damage.

You sly fox you :).

All you guys really need is better shaders I think. Just so the cars kinda stand out more you know?

I'm preaching to the preacher, look at me.. ahaha

Could you should post some tutorials of your workflow on a car, or get back to work :P.
  • Eltrex06
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ME3!!!!!! holy crap.. i need new pants!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Could you should post some tutorials of your workflow on a car, or get back to work :P.

I would, if I built cars :P
    I'm a track lead at Turn10
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Lots of goodies this year, bu the biggest shock was the level of CGI work shown... There were some trailers (ME3, Batman for example) where I honestly did not think I was watching CGI, and if it wasnt for my eyes being trained to spot certain things, I would have just gone with saying they were live action.

Totally impressive just how far CGI has come in recent years.

Of course, for me, biggest pant wetters were Uncharted, Batman, Mass Effect, Forza and Elder Scolls...

And biggest flops were clearly Resistance 3 (Which looked like a PS2 game in some clips) and "SSX", which just ticked every box of how NOT to reboot a franchise...
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    odium wrote: »

And biggest flops were clearly Resistance 3 (Which looked like a PS2 game in some clips) and "SSX", which just ticked every box of how NOT to reboot a franchise...

Really?? I thought Resistance 3 looked really friggin good.
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    That SSX reboot looked exactly like Peak 3 BUT GRITTY. GRITTY FUCKING REALISM GUYS ITS SO COOL.

Man, I loved ssx for the cheery playful nature :( and doing long downhill runs from peak 3 to the bottom of peak 1 just for the fun of it.
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    just watched all the trailers on gametrailers.com, wow some awesome stuff coming out.

Uncharted, batman, mass effect, portal, resistance and forza look awesome.

Super happy to see SSX but way too early for judgement from me, as the trailer gives away nothing. I hope it hasnt gone all serious like the trailer implies and Im not sure about the flying squirrel outfits? Rather be pulling off super duper uber tricks than gliding down a mountain! cant wait to see the characters :) I got my fingers crossed theres no PS Move or Kinnect involved to ruin it.

Elder scrolls I wasnt too bothered with, bad character art has always ruined bethesda games for me, so hope they kick it up a notch and I will give it a go.

overall though lots of awesome but Im pretty disappointed over the lack of in game footage shown. Cinematics are great an all but I just cant get that excited until I see it running real time.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    ErichWK wrote: »
    Really?? I thought Resistance 3 looked really friggin good.

It just didn't hit the spot for me. Then again, I wasn't a fan of the first two either. There was just something about it, I dunno, its like it was all so... Standard? Maybe? That and the graphics were a mixed bag, some monsters looked damn right stunning, while at other times he was holding a generic boring 256x256 textured shotgun aiming at a single colour sky with bloom in 480p...

But yeah, Resistance isn't really my cup of tea, so I kinda expected to not "get it".
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Uncharted 3 was the most impressive. LIttle things just aging the main character slightly and doing everything in engine was just...wow.

Batman looked interesting. I'm anxious to see some gameplay videos of it though.

Mass Effect 3 looks fun. When I beat part 2 (hopefully in the next few weeks) I'll totally be more excited about part 3.
  • XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would, if I built cars :P
    I'm a track lead at Turn10

Well, awesome! Keep up the good work man, no delays!!!!!!!
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    I hate to say this, but I am seriously tired of seeing the Uncharted characters "improved upon".

Sully looks younger, Nate looks, well, totally different. It bothered me some on the last one, but this time it really bugs me. The lips, the eyes and brow, overall face shape.... all tweaked somehow. I wouldn't say he looks older, but I would say he doesn't look like Nate. If it wasn't for the hair, apparel, voice, and brand, it wouldn't look like him. The game looks awesome though

Batman looks sick... excited for R3...

but damn, I seriously can't shake this direction on changing Nate with each sequel. He looked great in the last one (different but great). This just feels worse IMO. Now maybe that is just in the facial animation, but I doubt it. just mpo.
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool wrote: »
    just watched all the trailers on gametrailers.com, wow some awesome stuff coming out.

Uncharted, batman, mass effect, portal, resistance and forza look awesome.

Super happy to see SSX but way too early for judgement from me, as the trailer gives away nothing. I hope it hasnt gone all serious like the trailer implies and Im not sure about the flying squirrel outfits? Rather be pulling off super duper uber tricks than gliding down a mountain! cant wait to see the characters :) I got my fingers crossed theres no PS Move or Kinnect involved to ruin it.

Elder scrolls I wasnt too bothered with, bad character art has always ruined bethesda games for me, so hope they kick it up a notch and I will give it a go.

overall though lots of awesome but Im pretty disappointed over the lack of in game footage shown. Cinematics are great an all but I just cant get that excited until I see it running real time.

This bit of art with Elise painted on the side of the helicopter WWII bomber style gives me hope that the game won't be so serious and might retain some of it's quirks.

ssxdd-screenshot-helicguqt.jpg
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thats a sexy chopper lol

Yea I thought drake looked a bit off too, mainly the eyes for me, still looks jaw dropping though although the trailer looks pre rendered so it might be handled by a different company to naughty dog which could explain it. If its realtime I will eat my face :)
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    crazyfool wrote: »
    thats a sexy chopper lol

If its realtime I will eat my face :)

I read in a couple places they are touting its all in engine stuff. probably rendered out from the engine like the did their cinematics in uncharted 2 but still for realtime art, super impressive.
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kotaku wrote:
    Uncharted 3 opens with Nathan Drake once again facing deadly circumstances, perhaps not as imminent as a train hanging from a cliff. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception arrives Nov. 1, 2011. This premiere is entirely in-engine, says studio Naughty Dog.

sorry, I forgot how to read and Im finding it really hard to eat my own face :) If thats all in game though then thats incredible. VFX/TA guys are amazing and the lighting engine is ridiculous. Look like they have leveled up their hair work aswell.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    Firebert wrote: »
    I hate to say this, but I am seriously tired of seeing the Uncharted characters "improved upon".

Sully looks younger, Nate looks, well, totally different. It bothered me some on the last one, but this time it really bugs me. The lips, the eyes and brow, overall face shape.... all tweaked somehow. I wouldn't say he looks older, but I would say he doesn't look like Nate. If it wasn't for the hair, apparel, voice, and brand, it wouldn't look like him. The game looks awesome though

Batman looks sick... excited for R3...

but damn, I seriously can't shake this direction on changing Nate with each sequel. He looked great in the last one (different but great). This just feels worse IMO. Now maybe that is just in the facial animation, but I doubt it. just mpo.

Nate looked pretty much the same in UC1/2, he just got a bit older and looked scruffier. Definitely looks different in UC3 though, but then again Rich Diamant (dude who handled Nate for the first two games) works at Blizzard now so that could probably explain the slight change.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    Entity: I am sure with Rich leaving, that plays a slight role in the change... I noticed the change in UC2, and at first I didn't like it as much, but it grew on me... maybe this will too. At least they didn't make him look like Wahlberg :P
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    I know there not new and have already been shown but is it just me or are the two Portal "characters" the dumbest looking things ever? They look like they are some crappy Olympic mascots. IDK I think for co-op it would have made more sense/looked cooler to just use humans.

Still so super pumped for it as well as pretty much all the other games.
  • kaze369
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kaze369 polycounter lvl 8
    Autocon wrote: »
    I know there not new and have already been shown but is it just me or are the two Portal "characters" the dumbest looking things ever? They look like they are some crappy Olympic mascots. IDK I think for co-op it would have made more sense/looked cooler to just use humans.

I kinda think that was the point. A comedic duo that does dumb things in the portal world.
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Izzy.jpg

Izzy the toothpaste blue inbred slug begs to differ.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Autocon, Say whaaaaat!? Olympic mascots? Humans? COOL!?
    No way man. The current ones are wicked and humans would be so bad. The human in portal 1 sucked ass. In fact. There's only been two cool humans in half life... ever (Barney and Father Gregori).
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    dude ...

no!

Potal is not about cool!, portal is about inteligence and quircky, exentric characters. plus putting another human character in the game would kill the feeling of you, chell ,being alone in this huge underground facility.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Autocon: :( yeah, think it's just you... they fit the aperture style perfectly
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    EVIL wrote: »
    dude ...

no!

Potal is not about cool!, portal is about inteligence and quircky, exentric characters. plus putting another human character in the game would kill the feeling of you, chell ,being alone in this huge underground facility.

The whole being alone thing is still had in the single player game. And you still play as a human fighting GLADOS. The goofy looking robots are for co-op only I am pretty sure.

Also yes portal is about intelligence, quarky and eccentric characters. That is exactly what GLADOS was. GLADOS want some super goofball/slapstick character as the two new robots are. GLADOS was an intelligent and eccentric AI bent on killing you. Even though there was lot of humor in Portal it was clear it was somewhat grounded in some realism that could lead to HL EP3.

Sure the characters might just only appear in co-op but they just dont seem to belong in Portal from the way they act, move and look IMO. I mean short and fat, tall and skinny. They are Mario and Luigi.

Just me I guess.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    The way I see it with the robots is that the design looks like it was intended to reflect glados building them from available peices in the environment such as the turrets and other mechanical stuff in the seemingly abandoned lab. Then there's the aspect where you don't take damage from flying across the room at high velocity, which just seems more acceptable when a robot than a human with shoe horns attached to their feet.