Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ket Delioncourt - Toxic929

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Toxic929 polycounter lvl 8
I'm nearing the end of the semester and one of the assignments is this well endowed girl. The Concept: KetModelSheetColorsIP.png

Heres where I'm at with the model:

ketrina_delioncourt_wip_by_toxic929-d341ada.jpg

I'm in modo and I have begun the texturing phase.. now I'm not a very confident texturer and the concept keeps the textures very brand spanking new but I'd like to add some everyday use wear and tear on it anyways. So far the only I can point out is that the front of her boots need wear on the front much like this: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs37/i/2009/135/9/7/well_worn_work_boots_by_rockgem.jpg

Replies

• ajr2764
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ajr2764 polycounter lvl 10
    Hey, great progress you should show some wires of the model. Are you using Modo 401, I'm now a modo user use to be a Maya user but I made the transition and Im loving it.
  • crasong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crasong polycounter lvl 14
    Looks pretty good, though it would be easier to crit with side views as well, and maybe a 3 quarter to semi match your concepts angle. At a glance though, the 3d model strikes me more as slender rather than well endowed.

Also, from the front view, it's hard to tell, but it does seem like her breasts are a tad bit smaller than in the concept, not that it's a bad thing though.

Personally I think you could push the proportions a bit more in the hips and waist.

Keep up the good work!
  • haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    Neat concept and model. She kind of looks a little cross-eyed in the model, but I like the styling of everything else so far. Would be cool to see you push the wrinkles in the clothing more like the concept.
  • Toxic929
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ket_forum_critique01_by_toxic929-d34bexb.jpg

Thank you ajr2764, crasong, haikai,

This is rendered in Modo and Modeled in Maya. I can't wrap my head around modos modeling tools just yet. Her boobs are a bit smaller.. I'm contemplating on making them bigger or not. Couldnt hurt right? haha I think you might be right about the crosseyes haikai.

I'm struggling with making this plastic wig look like actual hair :\
  • Jungsik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jungsik polycounter lvl 6
  • Toxic929
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Toxic929
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Arcanox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I get the feeling that the hands are a little bit on the thin side and need a little bit more mass. You kinda look at the flow from the arm to the fingers and it basically falls off completely. Push out some of the forms a little more there so you get a better read on the wrist.

Maybe make that brass/gold tube fit a little tighter to the skin as well.

I'd also think about making his shoulders a little bit broader too.

The cuffs of her puffy shirt seem a little bit inflated, almost like they're filled with air, and probably not something you would see cloth do. Maybe push that back inward a little bit.

Really though, this is some really good stuff. Just make some minor adjustments and wrap up the texturing work and this is a solid piece. Nice work.
  • Peter H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really like this!

Reminds me a bit of the girl from how to train your dragon, youve really captured the cartoon style!

although her eyes do need tweaking, doesn't look right in the model, cross eyed!
  • achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    my brain just can't handle the giant poofy elbow things. The brown part leading up to the poofy part needs to be longer, and i think the arms need to be a little bigger/longer too.
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    This is nice! I'm just going to second what everyone else has pointed out. Great concept to work from too, I went to school with the artist. Her stuff is great!
  • Toxic929
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you guys! Really good observations! I shall be making all these adjustments and post when I can (other finals to wrap up) but this is the last week so I'm glad about that. I'll carry this project into my portfolio.

Honestly I don't like the round poofy arm thing either I couldn't find any reference of anything like it. I'm assuming its a victorian or elizabethian era style pleated something or another. they definietly need to be not to inflated I agree. I keep forgetting to fix her crosseyes >.< haha out of all the forums I have posted on this is probably the best feedback I have gotten. Thanks again guys!

P.S. Sukotto - That is awesome that you went to school with the artist.. feels like I just played the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon... cept.. it was only 2 haha
  • Addieo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This model is so clean, Modo always makes things look so real. I take it your still to texture the blade on her back?
  • Toxic929
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you! yeah I'm working on the sheath to the sword atm. for some reasons its bunching the normals in Mudbox and the normals are layed out just fine so I gotta figure all that out
  • Builder_Anthony
    Looks like theres a shadow under her neclace.In the wireframe side view it looks like its not laying on her chest.I really like it though looks like a fun charater.
  • Toxic929
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Builder_Anthony - yeah the necklace is floating.. sort of like its own tpose to be rigged. When I go and pose her the necklace will rest against her chesticles properly ^___^

Back to working on this (Bout time!) back to the modeling phase making sure everything has better anatomy and gestures. Unfortunately all the texture work I've done before is lost to the fact that my UVs sucked.

ketrina_delioncourt_wip3_by_toxic929-d561sdl.jpg
  • Toxic929
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, I'm getting back to this again on my free time. I've invested in Quixel and figured that this would be a great program to texture her in. I also changed out those silly sleeve puff things more in accordance to historical accuracy. Crits and Comments always welcome!