Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Kakariko Village

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Chris Bruin polycounter lvl 10
Hey all, this is what I'm currently working on, an updated version of Ocarina of Times Kakariko Village. I chose it because I friggin love this game and want to see it brought up to current gen standards.

Here's an imgur link to an album which contains these pictures http://imgur.com/a/sqG6j/kakariko_village

Environment overview;

40nTH.jpg

Building closeups;

Dou8b.jpg

Some props;

udyM5.jpg

I think I'm about ready to start texturing the buildings, there are still more props I have to build such as plant life, including bushes, flowers, the iconic grass bush with rupees in it, more trees, rocks boulders, maybe some tools that the villagers used [Lens of Truth?], signage, banners, flags, a cucco [Cojiro?], items for the shop including the Hylian shield, arrows, bombs, the Soldiers spear and Keaton Mask, etc.. I also have to build the windmill still, doors, and the rock walls.

If you guys have anything that you would like to see, let me know! I'll try and fit as much as I can in here :)

Also, for fun, I'll be mimicking the exact camera movement and music drop as the original game had, just as a fun nostalgic throwback.

Project specs:

Full recreation of Kakariko Village

Game res environment

Will run in the UDK, lighting will be done there

I will also rebuild Hyrule Castle Town and Lon Lon Ranch after, they use the same buildings and textures; however I will change the mood and lighting for each.