Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

What I'm working on

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
E4sY polycounter lvl 11
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to improve. Any Comments or critiques r welcome.

To start off I'm working on a very generic male character with shirt pants and a gun. I'm looking to get practice in with simulating clothing materials. With the pants and boots i'm going for leather. Up to this point Normal and Ambient Occlusion maps have been generated on the Low Polygonal character. Also a base color has been added via photoshop.

Fan_Char_WIP_06.jpg

Replies

• E4sY
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    E4sY polycounter lvl 11
    Going with a new color scheme. Think it fits the character a bit better.

Fan_Char_WIP_07.jpg

Male_Char_WIRE.jpg

Weapon_WIP_01.jpg
  • n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    his shirt wrinkles look like a lot of work when into them but they don't look at all realistic. his pants are tight like girls, he needs butter to put them on it looks like
  • E4sY
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    E4sY polycounter lvl 11
    n88tr - thanks for commenting. yea i agree with u on the wrinkles. they came out horrible imo. i found it difficult to get them right, but atleast they look better than my last attempt. I did think the leather pants came out good, but like u said they are pretty tight. here is reference.

pKCP-8155778_alternate1_v383x392.jpg

pKCP-7954688dt.jpg

brando-military-double-stripe_msp_06282008.jpg
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    The center of his shirt doesn't look bad, but the folds in his arms don't look good, it actually is a common thing I'm seeing throughout this piece, your edges need to be crisper, especially on that hard surface gun, it feels really blobby, and not defined, I think if you harden the edges where appropriate it will exponentially increase the quality of this piece.