Home Technical Talk

Zbrush: Stupid Question: Drop to Canvas or Temp Disable Rotation

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
This thread
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=80234

Doesn't seem to answer my question. I want to freeze an objects current view with rotation yet still be able to pan and zoom so I can paint edges without the model rotating on screen.

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Not sure why they said Ctrl+D, that just subdivides.

I think the closest you can get in zbrush is Projection Master (G). That will drop it to the canvas, allowing you to pick it back up later after you make your strokes.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea no. Not using uv textures. Want to use the modeling tools. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    ...Projection Master has nothing to do with UVs. It allows you to drop the model, sculpt or paint, and then pick it back up.
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    What you need is ZApplink found in Document menu. Under ZApplink properties you will find a button that said "front" "left" "custom 1" etc, and you can press those button to store your view angle, whenever you accidentally move/ rotate your object you can always press the button and Z will automatically come back to the stored view. Sorry didn't notice your post in ZBC, I hang out in PC a lot rather than ZBC these days :)

_Revel
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid wrote: »
    ...Projection Master has nothing to do with UVs. It allows you to drop the model, sculpt or paint, and then pick it back up.

Its does when your painting the model at the same time as sculpting and not using a UV layout (ie it will create one).

Revel. That wont allow me to say drag a brush tool from off the model unto the model for strokes in a direction. Hence why seeking to disable the rotation.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Its does when your painting the model at the same time as sculpting and not using a UV layout (ie it will create one).
    No it doesn't. It uses the vertex colors/polypainting; no UVs required, no UVs created. I just tested it to be sure.
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    So you want to be able to disable the rotation too, huh?..Here's the solution..

1. load your tools to the tools palette
    2. go to color palette and and choose Fill Layer (with what ever color you want)
    3. drag your model to the canvas and T for enable editing
    4. try to drag the canvas for rotate/ move/ scale, now with the color in BG you can't do any of those.
    5. when you want to enable that again just press the Ctrl+N for deleting the color in BG!

Read somewhere in ZBC before, but can't remember from who. Hope it helps!

_Revel
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Sweet tip Revel, I never knew of this!
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Hehehh..my pleasure dude..spread the knowledge! :)

_Revel