Home Technical Talk

AUV tiles, Trouble in MAX

I have a highpoly ZBrush sculpt with AUV tiles and I am trying to use this AUV tile texture in MAX and Render to texture it onto my properly unwrapped Lowpoly game mesh. But the AUV tiles look like crap in MAX. I have tried flipping the texture vertically before exporting out of ZBrush but it still looks all garbled. here is a screen shot. Basically it has boarders around every tile and its all over the place. Thanks in advance.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/knak47/AUV_tiles_Flip.jpg

Replies

• xXm0RpH3usXx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xXm0RpH3usXx polycounter lvl 13
    thats because of the edge bleeding...
    had this once, too, then decided to unwrap properly as it freaked me out eventually!

try tweaking your settings, thats all i can say, but its better than nothing, huh?
  • knak47
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried seeing if the problem would occur on a simple sphere and I am still getting issues. AUV tile GUV tiles and PUV tiles just dont seem to work properly for me once they are in MAX. I dont want to unwrap my high poly becuse I already retoped in Topogun and have a properly unwrapped model. Plus thats the point of these tiles so you can just bounce back and forth between applications. I just want my darn polypaint info.
  • knak47
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Figured part of it out, it was a viewport issue, once I turned on SuperSampling and rendered it it turned out OK.