Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

"Tube Room" - Scifi hallway thing.

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
LlamaJuice polycounter lvl 11
I've been less than productive over the past few months and I really just needed SOMETHING to be working on, and when I saw Eric Spray's concept "Tube Room" that he did for Singularity, I decided to give it a go.

I'm not going for absolute accuracy on this, it's concept art, so I'm treating it as that.... but I am trying to get close to it.

As of right now it's still just in Maya, eventually it'll all get in the UDK and make it awesome, for right now though... I've just been playing around on my MacBook, so.. no UDK right now haha.

lightingtest.jpg

This is about 7 hours of work, from opening maya to rendering that image.... I'm a bit rusty as this is the first time playing in Maya since February... so I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things.

My goal for this is to learn more about lighting inside of the UDK, using emissives as lights and getting it to look right and such. I'm also considering grunging it up a ton and playing with particles to add that bit extra in there.

Right now, I know there's the weird hotspots and such on the lights that don't fit the actual lights... the lighting is all in Maya right now like I said, so it's all rough placeholder blah blah garbage anyhow.

Anyhow, any comments/crits are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• pliang
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    LlamaJuice, any other angles for this scene or is it just one hallway shot?
  • LlamaJuice
    Offline / Send Message
    LlamaJuice polycounter lvl 11
    All I'm really aiming for is this hallway, and so pretty much everything in that shot is everything that I've made so far. I'm going for something quick that I can toss together and still look nice, I know it's not the most exciting of environments, but I need to do something manageable, rather than aiming far too high and not being able to get there.

This is also something that I can expand upon later if I want to add more since it's all super modular.

If you were just fishing for a better look, here's another render just straight on pretty much.

wallde.jpg
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    Reminds me of the hallways on mothership zeta in Fallout