Home Contests & Challenges Archives

TF2 - Polypack - Ravidge

Replies

• Damo
    You should feel very proud of yourself, this is a very well rounded pack.
  • Norron
    Offline / Send Message
    Norron polycounter lvl 13
    I'm really liking your pack. It sticks well to its theme with good results.
  • Ravidge
    Boylee, Damo, Norron:
    Thanks guys!

It's funny how much you can learn in a month with some effort. I recorded some of my earliest modeling sessions for this competition, and comparing that to how I work now is pretty interesting :)
  • Karkasmolenklok
    Due date is today champ, better finish it up quick
  • FOOL
    I think on the rifle is that the overall damage be lowered, but of course the fire rate would be better. If you left the minimum damage alone I could see some insane noscope/popscope scenarios happening(think MW2 esque) Firing off two ~50 damage shots in rapid succession could take out barley damaged scouts'n'spys. It could become one of the weapons that starts out fun but gets nerfed into nothing, like the sandman.
  • Ravidge
    Due date is today champ, better finish it up quick

Done and done, Submitted them yesterday.

@FOOL: Hehe, I got a ton of stats suggestions over the course of my project, from friends and people that I showed it too. It was very fun hearing all the possible things you can do with just an extra bullet.

In the end I didn't send any stats with my items, and left that to Valve, if they choose to use my models. But if I had to pick one thing on my wishlist of stats it would be something that makes quickscoping and combat-sniping(the non-camping style) more efficient and fun.
  • FOOL
    Ravidge wrote: »
    Done and done, Submitted them yesterday.
    In the end I didn't send any stats with my items, and left that to Valve, if they choose to use my models. But if I had to pick one thing on my wishlist of stats it would be something that makes quickscoping and combat-sniping(the non-camping style) more efficient and fun.

Well I think not sending in stats is the right way to go, but i do not want another game where the only reason people choose snipers is for CQC. You dont have to camp while sniping. I generally find a spot take a person or two out then move. I am not patient enough to stay in one spot for a long time, and doing that can get you killed, believe it or not but freeze cams show where you are. I know what snipers are made to do and I can get a low-mid health class dead with about 2 seconds of scope, so i can take people out relatively quickly but nothing game breaking like QS'ing in MW2.
  • Ravidge
    Each to their own playstyle I guess! How boring it would be if we all played the game like bots.

In other news I created a 1 minute video of my items, enjoy :)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Igmvn2AhY[/ame]
  • ScudzAlmighty
    excellent vid, i am the jealous.

y'know, moving around in-game like that the stache looks a lot more Freddy Mercury than it does Saxton Hale.
  • REKLAS
    Was kinda hoping for some first person of your rifle in action, but cool video non the less.
  • Khthon
    REKLAS wrote: »
    Was kinda hoping for some first person of your rifle in action, but cool video non the less.

I agree.
  • Ravidge
    Thanks!

And I don't have a view model to show... I could never get it to work. If someone has a tutorial that actually works then please post it.

Seeing as how all the unlocks/community added items are all c_models I'm not worried about not making a v_model, but I'd love to show you guys if I could. But all attempts thus far has failed.
  • duoxan
    Offline / Send Message
    duoxan polycounter lvl 17
    seeing your stache, along with everyone elses, makes me believe that every class should have one. its epic
  • REKLAS
    Misc Slot: Saxton Stache - Submitted
    stache-256.jpg

Agreed, this should be a Misc slot item for EVERY class!

Valve, please make it so. :)
  • carnivor
    You shouldn't even use a scope just try iron sights. It would be 10 times more bad ass and the gun would be completely different. It could make up with out the scope by allowing you 2 shoot twice before reloading like in the video. Please don't use a scope and lose this competition I like your pack!
    Other than that it's great.:)