Home Technical Talk

Mudbox Materials

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
Hey,
I was looking around for some other mudbox materials, and I can't seem to find any. The ones that come shipped with mudbox don't please me all that much. I'd love the bronze material that zbrush has. Although I doubt it's available in Mud.

If anyone knows of any, that would be great! :)

Replies

• Muzzoid
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Hehe yeah :P

On the other hand ... since Mudbox accepts CGFX since mud2009, I am wondering why theres not more 'real' realtime shaders available. Like Gooch, fresnel, and so on ...
    Most of these effects are doable through the default mud shader but still, something like a realtime convexity shader would be so awesome ...

Anyone knows where to find that? I tried loading stuff from the NVIDIA website some time ago but obviously very few of them worked in mud.
  • ianucci
    Offline / Send Message
    ianucci polycounter lvl 9
    Agree Pior, it's really disappointing there hasn't been more (any) activity in the community with CGFX shaders in Mud. I guess its because most people in game dev use zbrush (or so it seems).

I wish Autodesk would have refined the example CGFX shader to make it useable for painting normal mapped assets with smoothing groups/edge breaks.