Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Alley Scene

Replies

• Mechadus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Holy.... Crap.... Mind=Blown. Thanks for those links Vig, and of course for the crit. Thats a great point about the logos and legal stuff. I hadnt thought about that at all, but it makes sense, and your right, I definitely dont want to be that guy who has to be watched. My texture sizes for this scene are generally pretty big - about 2x what I think they should be just because its a port piece. I really need to put a proper sky in there also.. Right now its just a gradient, which is what makes it look so overcast. Eventually I want to replace it with a much more crisp blue sky which will work better with the sharp shadows.
  • SnakeDoctor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnakeDoctor keyframe
    Wow thanks Vig those scripts are insane! Almost feels like cheating :)
  • Jungsik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jungsik polycounter lvl 6
    CHEATER! joking im grabbing em too and Mechadus your scene looks great so far <_< i cant wait till the final beauty shot :D
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    erm shadows are far too ambiently lit at the mo... which is reducing the power of the bounce lighting and making your shadowed areas flat
  • Mind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mind triangle
    Obviously you have not reversed the green channel of your normal over most/all your models, once doing, this will make it even more beautiful and certainly more realistic, look at the red arrow on the screen, we see that the stones (modesl) and the bricks are not illuminated in the same way

db7dffb0980cc5277c74c8dd131b5.jpg
  • jordan.kocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jordan.kocon polycounter lvl 6
    Hey man, I love your lighting! I just started UDK and im having a lot of troubles getting shadows. What kind of lights and settings are you using?