Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hiroshi update: The Dragon Weaver.

First off thanks for all the help and support on here! I have learned alot working on Hiroshi and i cant wait to keep working on my cartoon bc of it!

Here is Hiroshi now. Smoothing groups on, still have to do the cloth. Ill be using springs for his Hair whisps, and pony tail.

Will be using cloth that comes with max on the clothing, tests look good so far and def good enough for what i want to achieve in the online self created web series.

Full custom rig on Hiroshi himself.

The ARMS are slightly longer than what would be normal proportions, 1. bc its part of the style i like... 2. more often than not, i end up stretching arms off the body alot in animation. they always seem to be a hair too short. So i made them a tad longer, and im sure ill still end up doing a little stretch during animation.

thanks all!

Rev04_H1.jpg

Replies

• James9475
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, just to clarify, is that test animation clip something you've animated? Because fuck man, I absolutely LOVE it. I absolutely love the style of it.
  • Progg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progg polycounter lvl 11
    Badass man. Love the animation style.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    very cool animations, hand looks better now imo :)
    hope you give him his pants back without something is missing
  • Mime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mime polycounter lvl 14
    So cool...
    Eagerly awaiting more...

Right at the end there seems to be a finger twitch from the monster .. it's really subtle, i would make it a bit more obvious , but i'm not really an animator...
  • ArtOfBrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yea the animation is something i animated. thats the style i am going to do for the cartoon..kind of a sharp semi whispy style. not SUPER toon, but not realistic movement.

some laws of physics will be broken in the world im creating.
  • ArtOfBrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NEOX...DEF the pants are coming back on!! haha...i havnt set up the smoothing on his clothing yet...there are some TRIS i need to take out...so doing that now...will update soon with some textures....im gonna be messing with some style test for texturing.
    thanks all!
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    looking forward to the fin
  • haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    The smoothing groups really add to the look you're going for. I know it's finished, but if I were to crit, I'd suggest beefing up the back of the arms/triceps, and perhaps reconsidering the bottom of the rib cage (horizontal shadow under the pecs feels a little odd).

But the model is looking great, and I can't wait to see it in action fully rendered. As expected, the animation test is totally awesome. :thumbup:
  • ArtOfBrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haikai! good eye, and i actually just did a quick little paint over...i do want to add like 2 little muscles/rib poly in that area...just enuff to suggest how lean he is...

I agree on the triceps...im going to bring em down a bit. beef them a little 15%.

gonna some cool wire parameters on some bones that will scale up and down as the arm bends...should be cool!
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    the anim is really sweet, tho theres 2 bits that kinda bug me, when the main guy first jumps off corpse towards the camera, that jump is kinda weird lookin and when he does the high jump up to the rock looks a bit odd to me, kinda like he jumps up then some iinvisible tether yanks his feet down to the landing point its hard to explain but maybe it seems like his feet lead too much on the landing or something.. not sure just seems a bit off in those 2 places

million times better than i could do
  • ArtOfBrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm good anim points. noted!
  • 3D-209
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The animation test is badass man. I actually like the "tethered" look with his jumps for the most part, it reads as intentional and gives it an element of him having a split second to figure out what he's about to do at the top of his jumps. I agree that the first jump towards the camera could use a bit more anticipation, but I understand the need for it to be unnaturally quick. One extra frame of him leaning a bit more into his right leg could do wonders though. It'd be hard to say for sure without trying it out though.

Looks great anyway! Good job!
  • ArtOfBrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks 3d! there is def going to be laws of physics being broken in the Dragon Weaver cartoon...in a way that makes sense and realistic to the world though.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    haha animation is awesome! I like the style and Im really looking forward for the cartoon! Are you working alone on the project?
  • keizza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    keizza polycounter lvl 18
    i love the belly jiggle!!!! great stuff.
  • ArtOfBrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, ya I'm doing the whole cartoon by mselfy. Every aspect
    of it. Just looking to make a cool little web series.
  • MFTituS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MFTituS polycounter lvl 6
    cool animation, very dynamic and you are getting right to the point - no wasting time, no talking, looking around - just BAM! ;)

only thing that is bugging me on the character himself - his forearms are symmetrical. looks more like a bubble than a nice rhythm going through his arm.