Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Playing around with Sculptris

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Robert Headley polycounter lvl 18
I don't really consider myself an artist, I used to think I was when I was young but I have long since been anything but.

Recently Vrav posted Sculptris and I gave it a shot, it is quite possibly the easiest to use art software I have ever used.

In a relatively short amount of time I was able to whip this up.

2rfyqdd.jpg

I know it is not great, but I am really proud because I have never really been able to grasp 3d and now I made something kind of almost resembling something.

Sculptris = Awesome

Replies

• Hoopla!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hoopla! polygon
    cool man, dont be so down on yourself. whats an artist anyway but someone who makes art?

if you enjoy it then do it. once youv done it enough youl have some art to show for it and youl be an artist :)

are you working from references? just free forming stuff? keep at it bro, i dont know if anyone really grasps 3d. i think people just do it enough to be able represent things more closely with some degree of control.

i mean, it takes a tech head to really understand whats going on when you make things in 3d and they are drawn by and engine/renderer, and it takes an artist to use it for fabulous creativity. ::shrug::
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool stuff Robert, those 'ding' feelings are always nice. Level up! Once you get more comfortable you'll definitely want to start working on topology, that's something you won't really get with Sculptris.
    Greets from teh west side :)
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    I don't really consider myself an artist, I used to think I was when I was young but I have long since been anything but.

Recently Vrav posted Sculptris and I gave it a shot, it is quite possibly the easiest to use art software I have ever used.

In a relatively short amount of time I was able to whip this up.

I know it is not great, but I am really proud because I have never really been able to grasp 3d and now I made something kind of almost resembling something.

Sculptris = Awesome

Remember sir, talents are learned. An individual artist practice the heck out of onething before calling it a DONE. So dont down yourself, you will get good at it as you practice more and more every day. Aside from Sculptris there is Gimp tool for painting, and Blender for 3d modeling which you can prefer if you are dedicated to this hobby.

Also, after showing what you have done so far made you an artist.

Good work sir. :) Keep it up. We would like to see more of your sculpts...
  • okkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okkun polycounter lvl 18
    you gotta start somewhere and this is not a bad start

pteh.jpg
  • Robert Headley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Robert Headley polycounter lvl 18