Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Jasper Dean

[FONT=&quot]Hey everyone,

my name is Jasper and I am a student on a Games Design course at university and a QA Tester within a AAA studio. Unfortunately none of the lecturers really teach character modelling so I have taken it upon myself to learn from whatever means I can as I have ambitions of moving into an art role from QA.

Admittedly I am a near complete noob at this, hence no images yet, but I was hoping some of you would be able to give me some advice on the correct way of going about things - to hear from the horse's mouth so to speak.

In this project I would like to create a current generation game ready female character akin to Bayonetta. Also I would like this to be my first piece in a professional portfolio.

I am guessing workflow varies from one company to the next but any advice on the workflow from getting from concept to the final product would be much appreciated. I have access to 3DS Max and Zbrush at the moment - would I need anything else? I don’t expect detailed instructions but a brief outline would be really helpful; I’m confident I can be resourceful enough to fill in the blanks between steps.

I know there is a long journey ahead of me but I am fully committed and hopefully in the not too distant future I will be able to produce some material worthy of a place on the polycount forums and moreover in a portfolio to show potential employers.

Thank you in advance,

Jasper
[/FONT]