Ork Trukk for UT3 (image heavy?)

Replies

• whats_true
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats_true polycounter lvl 15
    If painted red, itll go faster.

FACT

Its looks sick ingame dude. Really brings the whole thing to life. You gona do vehical damage?
  • dang87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dang87 polycounter lvl 12
    That's freakin' sweet! :) Very cool man.
  • gamedev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gamedev polycounter lvl 12
    Great work man. I love the cloth! Just curious, how much script did you need to write to get this working? And can we get a shot of your anim tree for the vehicle?

great work!
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    It could use some more DAKKA!

awesome work so far! :)
  • ManxViking
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    divi wrote: »
    that turned out very awesome. you should do a gorka-morka mod!

Gorkamorka is my main inspiration, loved the game. I'm doing gork and mork team colour variants. So @whats_true no red paint job I'm afraid, but I'll see how I crack on with the gork and mork themes and might add some 40k paint variants for some more colour.

Cheers for all the comments, I'll share some of the techy bits if anyone is interested. As far as cloth goes, on standard UT vehicle code it's disabled, so I looked at the earlier classes and created a subobject for my uc script. Just throw this into the defaultproperties of the main uc file for your vehicle, edit the wind as you require etc.
    Begin Object Name=SVehicleMesh
            ClothRBChannel=RBCC_Cloth
            ClothRBCollideWithChannels=(Default=TRUE,GameplayPhysics=TRUE,EffectPhysics=TRUE,Cloth=TRUE)
            bDisableClothCollision=true
            bEnableClothSimulation=true
            ClothWind=(X=3.0,Y=1.0,Z=0.0)
        End Object
        CollisionComponent=SVehicleMesh
        Mesh=SVehicleMesh
        Components.Add(SVehicleMesh)

For actually setting up the cloth from scratch this was an excellent tutorial with some nice in depth discussion. Some word of warning, if you decide to play with GPU acceleration on the cloth physics it doesn't always react properly with existing UT content.

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/ue3_physx.html - Session 2

I'll show some of my anim tree in a few days, I plan to get some additional anim sequences in, it's mainly skeletal controls at the moment.