Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

►--Washed Up Hero--!

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
jacob07777 polycounter lvl 14
Ok So this is a little project I started a while back but havent really done anything with. I basically had a general idea that I wanted to model an entire warehouse. The little bits and pieces that go into it n such, but I never had a good idea on how to make it more interesting than that. Anyways The guy who owned the warehouse was an old fighter pilot and I was going to have an ejection seat somewhere in the warehouse just sitting there. But we came up with the idea to have it crashing through the roof like someone crashed landed in this warehouse. Anyways I have most of the warehouse environment done, but now with the new concept I am going to have to make some changes to the time of day, the placement of a few things and just the overall feel of it.

Here is the old version of the warehouse at night before I had this Ejection seat epiphany.
Washed_Up_Hero_by_jacob07777.jpg

So now I have started modeling the Ejection seat and have I think a finished High Poly for it. Tell me what you guys think.
High_Poly_05.jpg
High_Poly_06.jpg

So as for the warehouse shot, there are going to be some major changes to that scene, such as camera angle, prop modifications, time of day, hole in the roof, cables from the ceiling, power boxes on the wall, and a few other things. Hope you guys like the work so far!

Replies

• Electro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Electro polycounter lvl 18
    Nice seat so far! it still looks fairly low poly in spots? best to get some softening on the edges to catch light for the high poly (so this comes across into your low poly normalmaps)

Some nicer lighting in the warehouse could really make it stand out, more focussed.
  • jacob07777
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jacob07777 polycounter lvl 14
    So I am thinking of taking this in a new direction, changing the time of day, and the whole idea of the scene. I could really use some good feedback on this. Thanks guys

The scene is looking a bit dull with just the props I have in it right now, I wanted to maybe liven it up a little bit. So I've made a reaally quick paint over for a new idea I had with the dropship crashing into the warehouse through a window and either hanging there or on the ground with some glass around it and debree. Maybe have one of the engines from the jet crashed through the roof and took out some of the walkways and made some more debris on the ground. How can I bring this scene together?

Shot_03.jpg

Shot_01.jpg