Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Keizza's Fatty 3d wip by Woogity

Hey everyone been a while since i started a thread, this will be a wip thread working on the awesome creature by Keizza here on the forums. i wanted to do some work on someone else's concept to diversify my portfolio a bit, and i love this character he came up with.

this is Keizza's concept
keizza-fatty.jpg

and work so far
kieth%27s-fatty-wip.jpg

C&C most welcome as always. still very much a wip

-Woog

Replies

• Mike Yevin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mike Yevin polycounter lvl 11
    This is the one drawing out of the four or five he did that I just fell in love with instantly, and it looks like your off to a great start. I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the final :)

Are you planning on just doing a sculpt, or making this game ready?
  • kjell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    awesome work again woogity!
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kjell: thanks friend! i promise it wont slow my mod work from now on!

Mike Yevin: thanks man! i feel the same way about the sketch. it will be game ready on completion, im going to make a little scene of it with the plant from the sketch as well.
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moar progress, headshot and character sheet

headshot-wip.jpg

Wip2.jpg

-Woog
  • Gallows
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gallows polycounter lvl 9
    Nice sculpting work. I really like how you went about the lips and elbows. I just think the back of the neck and head needs a bit more detail to help it mesh with the front.
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gallows: thanks for the comment, definatly skipped over that area initially.

some color tests, trying to decide on what color scheme i want for this feedback on this would be most appriciated because im terrible at color haha. anyways kind going for space toad sorta look for him, since his body is kinda soft and smooth.

so i painted the top one and did some color correction on the others, if anyone has other ideas on where to go with this please let me know, i think once i get out of poly paint ill add some bigger details like some subtle stripes or spots.
    color-test-1.jpg

-Woog
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i dig the middle one :D nice stuff here ! makes me want to play around with zpheres :P
  • ngs616
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The green one looks the best to me, but that's just because i imagined him in some type of crazy forest after seein him reaching for the berrys... I'm sure any one of those color schemes would work great for him though!
  • keizza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    keizza polycounter lvl 18
    HOLY CRAP!!!

woogity and i had a baby!!!!!
    wow. hey man....i have a huge smile on my face. that is turning out really nice w/so little to go on. still feels like fatty.....but looks WAY more awesome!!! i wouldn't change a thing. i kinda like the green as well. but hey....you got the kid now. you gotta raise 'em. haha. AWESOME man. i had another creature sheet i've been workin on.....but been busy lately. seeing fatty come to life has inspired me to get back to it.

so far so good woogity.
    CHEERS !!!

P.S.......if you give him some goofy waddle animation.....i'll send you a six pack.
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    keizza if you dont mind id like to give this guy a frog-like tounge for the render. i think it would make sense for the character since he is so fat, he clearly cant move fast, so maybe he just sits in a clearing and shoots his tongue out to get nearby noms. also i think a waddle animation is definatly in order haha
  • keizza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cool man. go for it!
  • vcortis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vcortis polycounter lvl 9
    :)LOL The best part about this thing is it looks so completley helpess and harmless. If it actually existed in real-life it'd go extinct in a week...

No visible forms of defense. Slow and fat making it a big and easy meal for most predators.

Unlike other harmless animals... like say mice which are fast and can easily hide... or other big fatties like say a Walrus which has mean tusks and uses it's fat for insulation...

This fatty, well he is just a fatty...

Edit: Forgot, as far as color goes... honestly I think you should look into poison dart frogs. Green does look the best of those up there, but it's so uninteresting, bland and sort of cliche.

Where as if you went with something like a poison dart frog color scheme, it would not only be more visually interesting, but also solve the formentioned above problem about being harmless.

783687283_40ae0318eb.jpg
    Poison_Dart_Frogs.jpg
    poison_frog4.jpg

There are plenty more different kinds than the above, just search google. The one I think fits the fatty the best is this last one. The colors are just muted enough to still fit his gross obeseness, but still say hey backoff!
  • keizza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    there are no predators in fatty's world. his world is perfect.
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha he is 100 feet tall so nobody messes with him? or maybe he uses the chin like a club? that would make for some fantastic animation haha.

Vcortis: I actually tried the blue dart frog skin you have below, it looked way to busy with the detail i have sculpted already. I like the orange one tho these things are great! never seen the pink one before its awesome!.
  • Avanthera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    awesome! I really like the bottom purple-esque variation you posted, too many green-lizard like monsters lying around.

maybe he's a pet for a jabba the hut character?
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dusting off this thread, I have a review tomorrow, so I wanted to get some renders done of it where it is now. crits still welcome not 100% happy with the textures as they are I think he needs some more texture on the arms and legs, and his hands and feet need to be cleaned up alot, this one is far from done.

Fatty-Front-Shot.jpg
    Fatty-Back-Shot.jpg
    Fatty-Wires-Render.jpg

-Woog
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Translation of the concept is superb. The painting is great.