Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment Art

Hi! Guys,
I have been working as a level artist for quiet a while in Canada. But I guess my biggest interested would be creating high detail prop, then bakie the normal map . ^^ I am still pretty green in zbrush. And they always say, it is a best way to learn from the master. So I create an old Damaged Pillar first, using the Riki Baington’s model as a ref.
And i hope the picts load up.

My linkedIn
http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/jazz-wong/19/5a8/859

vo7h5j.jpg

153r1ua.jpg

10epv0n.jpg

Replies

• wongwk2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And then I got a little crazy and try to create Kevin Johnstone’s the most famous gear of war Column. Fist of all, I am really want to thank Kevin, his tutorial thread help a LOT. And the process of making that column is really challenge and fun at the same time. And I hope to have more time and more to create more high detail game asset.

dned74.jpg
  • Drew++
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 14
    This looks pretty good. I like how you can tell the difference from the smooth outer concrete, to the ruff inner concrete.

And finally someone who made a pipe valve right! I hate seeing all these wheel valves @ 90 elbows, which you're not supposed to do in real-life.

Would like to see this in an environment, with other props.
  • DarthNater
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthNater polycounter lvl 10
    Great sculpt, awesome use of your texture space (probably couldn't get any better), very clean normal map (well, you know what I mean :P ). Great work! I also love how you didn't use a 2048 texture, if you use the space correctly (like you did) you don't need to make it HUGE....
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Those are defiantly some nice sculpts (the Gear's column turned out solid).

I'm always hesitant in creating smaller details in my sculpts since it tends to be lost in translation when baked out into the low, I can't tell if that happened to your pillar model (the normal flat reads really nicely) but overall I think the execution is solid :)

Looking forward to seeing more :)