Home Technical Talk

Firefox PDF Generator

Hey folks, I'm looking for a good Firefox add-on or plug-in that can convert the web page you're on into a savable PDF file. I've tried 3 or 4 that I've found through Firefox's add-on search engine, but none can properly convert the page. The results are typically a cut off portion of the website, or a very distorted page with skewed dimensions and overlapping text.

Internet Explorer 8 has a built in tool that quickly does the job by simply right-clicking the page background and selecting "Convert to Adobe PDF".

For Firefox, I have tried: Web2PDF, PDF Download, LOOP to PDF, Primo and also using Acrobat's built in "create PDF from website" function. This seems to be a hit or miss, as sometimes it will correctly convert, while other times result in a distorted mess.

I did a search through the forums and could not find a similar question/request.

PDFU.jpg

Replies

• LEViATHAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LEViATHAN polycounter lvl 11
    http://en.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator

I think that's the one. Worked pretty well for me.
  • Koden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the link, LEViATHAN. I'm installing and will give it a shot, but I forgot to mention that I was looking for a browser-based application rather than an actual installation-based software. Partly because I'd like the 1 or 2 click simplicity without opening another program, but also so that I can bring the add-on files with me or download them when not at home. Like most schools, we can't install programs onto the school's computers without being Admins.

Still, I will give it a shot!

EDIT

PDF Download works properly when I have it convert and send the PDF to my email. Trying to do it straight through the browser is still messed up, but I can live with the 5-10 second wait for the email. Thanks for those that helped