Home General Discussion

Congrats on #7 so far, Torchlight

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
Browsing through the top holiday sellers on the Steam home page and I see that Torchlight is right up there at #7 with the other huge games and dev packs.

My girlfriend and I are loving the game so far :)

Edit: #1 now! Awesome!

Replies

• e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the best is: the steam top sellers are set by profit not by numbers. so the torchlight devs better be f*cking rich by now.
  • Firecracker197
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firecracker197 polycounter lvl 11
    I tried out the free trial and Im pretty much sold, tons of fun! Except I dont like how you have to click to move, and you also click to attack, so when you play a character with a ranged attack and you miss the target when you click you go running into the mob, ahhh! Im sure I just need to get use to playing it though.
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i havent tried a ranged character, but in diablo, holding down shift disabled the move so you could just stand and shoot! mebbe its the same way in torchlight?
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    AtlusZMH wrote: »
    i havent tried a ranged character, but in diablo, holding down shift disabled the move so you could just stand and shoot! mebbe its the same way in torchlight?

^ Shift clicking = stationary + shooting/casting
  • Firecracker197
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    woot awesome, I guess Im just use to games like WOW i forgot about shift :P
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Haha I hear you on that although I got into it fairly quickly and it became like smack in game form. Its so fucking addictive - and once you start getting gear for potential alts its like signing away a the next few days played.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I just bought it! I'll play through the campaign before I move on to mods. That said.. are there any 'must have' mods for this game?
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    the respec mod is nice!
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    How long can I expect the campaign to take?
  • Ben Apuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow! I didn't know the top sellers was by profit. That's awesome! I think Torchlight has been in the top 10 since it was released. I'm glad to see that the devs at Runic Games have met such success, hopefully it's just the start of great things for them.

I bought Torchlight about a week ago and it's quite fun, time just seems to fly by, lol. I figure I'll crack open the editor after I'm done playing...
  • Firecracker197
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Apparently this is just the beginning too, Torchlight the MMO is in the works :D
  • Lucid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm pretty excited! I just bought Torchlight no less than five minutes ago. I love their art style! Ahhh - time to get my hands on the editor. Has anyone used it yet? Does anyone know how powerful or what kinds of limitations it has?
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am a little disappointed they don't have mutli-player because that's what would have totally got me hooked. As single player it's still really fun.

I like the idea they're going with the Torchlight MMO, though, where you pay for specific things instead of play time. In theory that can make this a much more casual MMO which I'm all for.

Also, I didn't know it was by profit, so that's even more awesome!

Adam: I haven't been playing long enough to get into what mods I'd use, but a respec mod is always a welcome addition to any game.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucid wrote: »
    I'm pretty excited! I just bought Torchlight no less than five minutes ago. I love their art style! Ahhh - time to get my hands on the editor. Has anyone used it yet? Does anyone know how powerful or what kinds of limitations it has?

This game was created mostly for modders, so I believe you can practically mod whatever you could dream of if you were motivated enough.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Fun Game. But, you loose track of time easily. I wish them success (especially being a local developer and all). But don't know if I could get into a MMO. I kinda like the single player experience. I can take and do tasks on my own clock and speed. Versus a frenzy of attacking or chatting which kinda ruins my involvement in the world the developers have created.

I mean after a run through, yea, hooking up with friends alah Diablo 2 is fine. You know the story. Your now just playing co-op. But MMOs are built for the co-op from the first go around, and well. I dunno. Just haven't been taken by any (luckily for my pocket book).
  • Firecracker197
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary wrote: »
    Fun Game. But, you loose track of time easily. I wish them success (especially being a local developer and all). But don't know if I could get into a MMO. I kinda like the single player experience. I can take and do tasks on my own clock and speed. Versus a frenzy of attacking or chatting which kinda ruins my involvement in the world the developers have created.

I mean after a run through, yea, hooking up with friends alah Diablo 2 is fine. You know the story. Your now just playing co-op. But MMOs are built for the co-op from the first go around, and well. I dunno. Just haven't been taken by any (luckily for my pocket book).

I totally see what you mean, and I have my hard feelings about MMO's. But I still find myself wishing my friends could see the awesome new weapon I just picked up :P
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    wow after the sale for 3.99 € it's now become #1 seller :). I'm happy to have contributed to that :).
  • Zpanzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zpanzer polycounter lvl 8
    I just bought it too, such a great game for 4 euro... it's a bargain of a life
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    this game is awesome, i baught it about an hour before it dropped to $5! bastards, nevertheless after only a few hours in i would have payed triple what i got it for
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    It's up at position #1 now :)
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    Been trying to ignore this one, but at $5 I had to get it... and yeah, crack.

Most Diablo knock-offs are really slow and clunky, but Torchlight is really fast and responsive. That's the only thing that makes it noteworthy but it's a really important only thing.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn, #1. That's epic beating L4D2!!
  • Esprite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Esprite polycounter lvl 9
    Got gifted Torchlight yesterday. It's like they fixed everything that annoyed me about Diablo 2's game play (even the things I didn't realize bugged me. :D ) The art is awesome and it's just freaking addictive. Great work!
  • MRico
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MRico polycounter lvl 10
    I bought this game...not being a fan of this style of art/gameplay (enjoyed the demo and it was only $5)...Now I can't freaking stop playing it!

It's pretty cool...although I really don't find much use of my pet dog...do you guys use your pet?
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    don't forget to put some spells on your pet. Summon spells for tanking and heal all work nice.
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    can't beat $5 ...
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Its 3,99 now and currently the topseller. go get it those who have not and try it out :P
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Actually at this rate, they'll be paying you to play it by the end of the week, might want to hold off.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Lol, I picked it up. Gonna give it a go when I am done with work.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    100 with the un-modded game, but there's no hardcoded limit, its just that the game is missing the content and level tables for 100+ beyond the main 30 level dungeon and the shadowvault that goes from level 30-100 or so
  • e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that game is damn huge and addicting O_o have played 4 hours straight and was like "well that's the timespan MW2 ended after" and to release my hand quited the game. had a look at the achievements and saw i didn't even scratch too much of the game yet it seems.
  • 3dskillet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Picked this one up b/c a lot of people were playing it at work. I enjoy it quite a bit, although I must admit I'm more into Dragon Age at this point. Anyway congratulations, well done !! Great style great game play. Great price 8)

Way to go WESTSIDE !!! :thumbup: