Home General Discussion

Bioshock 2

Replies

• odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Wait...

You actually used those chambers? Whack that game onto Hard mode and turn them off, Bioshock is FAR too easy a game even without the chambers IMO.

As for the bug... Its likely she was stolen by the people attacking you, which is what they are doing after all, trying to steal her. So, you likely failed that. Just load a save back up, you should have a save from the start of the level auto made if you played on PC.
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    good game, really enjoyed it.
    shame about the texture res and translucency issues on PS3 :(
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    dolemite wrote: »
    Did anyone else break the game by dying while protecting a little sister? I couldn't find my little sister after I revived, so I killed another big daddy and took the sister. Now when I died again and revived, I have two little sisters crying and I can pick up only one.

This is kind of lame. Will I forever lose this sister I don't pick her up? Will the big daddy re spawn and readopt the sister, and I will fight him again? Will she just greet me at every vito chamber now?

This sorta happened to me when I died in front of a hidey hole. I came back with two sisters and put both in the hole.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Completed it, awesome game and nice twist at the end, really hope the upcoming film can respect the quality seen so far in the game franchise.
  • Asherr
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That is a sweet find Asherr. I need a black light in my living room hahaha.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Almost done with the game. So far I'm loving it. So many more twists than the first one, some minor, some major, all play off one another so well, and tie into the first game.

My initial reaction to the game was "wow, this feels like they picked right up from the first one" (timeline realities aside), and I mean that in a good way.

Again, Bioshock, much like FEAR and its sequel, really make an effort to reward a player who puts the effort in to explore, be it with random goodies or recorded backstory for main and side characters. I actually feel very connected to all the individuals in the game, and when I discovered that
    one of the last Big Daddies that I'd killed to get a Little Sister was in fact Mark Meltzer, the guy who'd come from the surface looking for his daughter, I actually felt sad that I'd just killed him after all he'd been through. Eleanor's later comment about how I was different, a 'fixed' Big Daddy that remembered made me feel a bit better about it.

Also, seeing what
    the Little Sisters actually see the world of Rapture like most of the time was quite a trip.

Can't wait to finish it, this game really is incredible. :)
  • psychoticprankster
    I love the art book with the collectors edition...
  • ColinR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ColinR polycounter lvl 9
    Was hoping they'd end up uploading it somewhere like they did with the one for the 1st Bioshock game.

Unfortunately I just bought the vanilla version on Steam, so hearing your applause for it will quite likely tip me over the edge to buy it off some seller on ebay this week.

I've slowly been making my way through the game anyway. The game as a whole does get progressively better and better, though I really wasn't a fan of the Dionysus Park level.
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I second this...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Just beat it.. definitely got the 'good' ending... man that was a incredibly good game. I really hope they make a third one, could go any number of directions.
  • vik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vik polycounter lvl 13
    Been playing it the past few days, really good. Still hate killing the other Big Daddies though :(