Spike TV vieo game awards.

Replies

• Firecracker197
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firecracker197 polycounter lvl 11
    hawken wrote: »
    you never know, it probably went like this;

VGA call Billy Murray's agent; "we were wondering if Bill is available for collecting a video-games award?"

Bill Murray's agent; "I doubt it"

VGA call Hugh Jackmans agent; "we were wondering if Hugh is available for collecting a video-games award?

Hugh picks up the phone; "of course I love video games and I'm a media whore".

VGA on the night; "And the winner of these prizes is, Wolverine. Welcome to the stage, Hugh Jackman!"

1% to do with the games and 99% to do with how they can make the show interesting to majority of their retarded audience.

Maybe Atari didn't even send them footage to play for the nomination :P lame
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    why isnt there an official video game awards show? like from the igda or something? this spike stuff is bullshit. its the least reputable network on tv, i cant take it seriously.
  • Firecracker197
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firecracker197 polycounter lvl 11
    00Zero wrote: »
    why isnt there an official video game awards show? like from the igda or something? this spike stuff is bullshit. its the least reputable network on tv, i cant take it seriously.

I'll stick to the reviews written by people who actually play the games, these fancy flashy awards shows don't mean anything, so what you got a trophy? Ratings are all anyone needs.
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    I think the spike VGA's where an online poll. I blame PS3 fan boys! *runs and hides*
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Spike TV awards are like MTV Movie awards - nobody gives a shit about them except a bunch of teenagers who are told they're supposed to.

I bet Kevin Spacey's MTV award for Pay It Forward is the crowning achievement of his career.