• Firecracker197
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firecracker197 polycounter lvl 11
    Hahahahahah "ed hard-on" bwahahaha
  • missberetta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for all the comments and feedback. It really has been useful.

I'm now leaving this guy alone for a while, because I desperately want to start on a new project in Zbrush.

Again, thanks for the critique and the following things I will take on board for future pimping:

• More shape in the face
    • and on that subject, does anyone know if it's "bad" to have poles in low poly faces?
    • Lighting - I need a more consistent light direction for all the details.

Please also join the fun at my new thread in which you can laugh at my Zbrush sculpting skills: WIP - ganster zbrush sculpt thread
  • missberetta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin wrote: »
    I want...to...punch him....

you have captured the illusion perfectly

Seforin, thank you especially for this comment. It was my main aim to get the message accross with as little resources as possible.

(Had a look at your website and I'm loving the environments - I like the way you show your work in-game)

I might start an environment soon, was thinking of a Jack the Ripper-esque setting cartoon-style!
  • ikken
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    Wow. I'd smack this guy in the face with a bat if I had the chance. o_O

Awesome. :D Skin feels like it got a bit less love than the jeans, though (love the style you've painted them in). I'd love to see an alt with that ridiculous tan from the previous page. The reversed tat is a great touch. :D
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    Seforin, thank you especially for this comment. It was my main aim to get the message accross with as little resources as possible.

(Had a look at your website and I'm loving the environments - I like the way you show your work in-game)

I might start an environment soon, was thinking of a Jack the Ripper-esque setting cartoon-style!

haha kinda ironic the most violent statement in here gets the highest approval.

Thank you for liking my work, ive been recently overhauling all my character work to full 3D environmental (I still love robots though I will keep doing those in the future)

some real critics from me though I have to give about this character

Be careful about the color zones of the skins mainly with the face

the big thing about the "guideo / bro/dude/douche" kinda guys are they all usually work out there biceps non stop, have that blown out hair cut and the orangish pigment color for the fake spray on tans they use.

(You can see a few photos in here had those dead on)

I suggest really pushing that face Really hard with those Bro-Doucheous features before calling it done.Get that fake spray on tan color!

Good job on the japanese kangi tattoo thats really good the shirt though I feel can be pushed further as well. Good examples of shirts I use to see all the time were those TAPout "glitter" shirts as I called them. They were stupid , they were loud,and they were glittery. (I seriously thought it was some closet guys when I first started seeing them.)But no matter what way I see them, they scream "douche" so definitely look into changing to one of those.

On the subject of shirts, make sure if its a in shape guy , that its 2 sizes to small, that way it makes there biceps look bigger (Im seriously not kidding about this, this is all crap ive heard them say in the past)

Im also making all my judgments based off where I use to live in miami florida that has some of the biggest douches on the entire planet there.