Home General Discussion

Thoughts on exposing bad workers

Replies

• Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    I'm not disagreeing with that at all, I was more speaking to the fact that if your the one that rats someone out there might be some real life consequences from that individual.

well I don't hope the guy turns up at my doorstep with a shotgun ;)
    But you're right. That's why I think talking to the person first in private and expressing the concern and giving them a chance before escalating the whole issues is a good thing to do. At least the guy should be aware first that something with his behaviour is not right.
    And who knows, maybe he's just afarid to bring his problems up with his superior. Some of us artists are quite fragile creatues. Talk first, shoot later ;)
  • man_o_mule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    man_o_mule polycounter lvl 18
    I've had a situation come up that's similar. at my last job i had a hard time getting to work on time for a while. They started to crack down on it and i didn't get better. after talking to me a couple times my supervisor actually had me go and tell the general manager that i was late again. That was enough humiliation to have me clean up my act pretty quik, but not public enough to really be a problem. Smallish company, only about 25 employees so everyone knew everyone though.
  • Snacuum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snacuum polycounter lvl 9
    man_o_mule wrote: »
    I've had a situation come up that's similar. at my last job i had a hard time getting to work on time for a while. They started to crack down on it and i didn't get better. after talking to me a couple times my supervisor actually had me go and tell the general manager that i was late again. That was enough humiliation to have me clean up my act pretty quik, but not public enough to really be a problem. Smallish company, only about 25 employees so everyone knew everyone though.

That must of been weird...

"hey I don't usually report to you, but thought you'd like to know I've been late a few times and I know its a bad thing... um just thought you should know!"
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Lack of performance could be because of lack of communication as well, no?

Didn't read whole thread but this is a good discussion never the less.