Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

X32I - Redemption *Cryengine 2 Space Simulator*

X32I and background:

For those unfamilliar with X32I here is a rundown.

Space.

It all seemed like a dream, a future, a mystery.

Little did we know what was truly to come...

In the autumn of 2012, the United States military, in combination with NASA and several European space agencies, perfected the wormhole technology; a system of transporting vast amounts of goods, across immense distances, almost instantaneously.

Originally thought to be a possible respite from the terrorism and problems which plagued our homeworld, the USA kept this discovery secret from the other partner countries, hoping to find a new dawn, a new hope.

Using a series of natural phenomena, the USA began sending out probes, opening new portals, masked by periods of solar activity or other stellar occurences. However the results were not what the US government and scientists were expecting. Regardless of the calculations involved, regardless of the changes that should have made a difference, the final results were always, inexplicably, the same.

Every single probe returned results of the same body, the lost planet that would come to be known as X32I.

Eventually, as the scientists became more and more aware of what lay behind the wormhole, a manned space mission was planned.
This was launched in 2031, dubbed Operation Archimaedes. As far as the US military and government were concerned, it was a great success; humanity had made it's first true steps into the stars. By 2045 a space station lay in orbit of X32I, the US Amura, with the mandate to explore and understand the nature of the planet before them.
From this planet, the technologies and histories of an ancient race, known by scientists only as "race Alpha", began to be exhumed. This led to miraculous developments in both technology and also understanding, but for the notion of public order these advances and discoveries were kept purely behind closed doors, leaked slowly to the rest of humanity, much like microwave and computer technology had been only a century previously.

However, despite their best intentions, and the most covert research, the USA was not the only country in development of wormhole technology; European countries involved in the original research, yet not privy to the results, began to experiment with thier own data, whilst the Asian superpowers used technology, both stolen and internally developed, for the same purposes.

War was inevitable.

World War III finally erupted in the year 2067, sparked off by the unprovoked destruction of the Amura station. It culminated in the creation of the United Earth Alliance in 2071, a cross continental coalition of like-minded countries, born from the remnants of the now-dead European Union, along with the remaining American states. The west coast of America no longer existed, the result of a cross continental barrage of missile developed from technologies the Asian powers had stolen and created from their own missions to X32I.

Presented with the very real possibility of human extinction, the UEA council, led by Chancellor Garius Broadhall, forged the Atlantic-Asian Peace Concord; a treaty designed to prevent further hostilities, and intended to open the doors to a new era of peace and understanding.

*dramatic pause*
If only it had worked that way...

My name is David Greenhall, a son of the UEA. My family were originally descended from English and German blood, but none of that matters anymore. For the last 20 years, hostilities and tensions have slowly risen between the UEA and the remaining Asian and African powers, caused by needless bickering between member states and old racial hatreds, combined with the usual beareautcratic inadequacies, and inflamed by the constant raids sponsored by these states on our territories on X32I.

The time has come to claim X32I once and for all, to end the cycle that has plagued humanity since its discovery. To evolve.

May God commit this day forever to history, for it is the day that humanity will begin anew...

*Computer Voice*

The last recorded vox-log of David Greenhall, United Earth Alliance Naval Corps, dated 31st December 2144.

*Static*"
Example work already produced for the Project:

Thunderbird WIP:

Thunderbird_Large01th.jpgThunderbird_Large02th.jpgThunderbird_Large03th.jpg
Thunderbird_Large04th.jpgThunderbird_Large05th.jpg

Hornet WIP:

Hornet_Large01th.jpg

Terran Chance Scythe Concept Art:
Art by: JC

316930ith.jpg

Members Needed:

Here is some people I am looking for currently.

• Concept Artist
  • Texturers
  • Modellers

Texturers:

Knowledge of 3DS max isn't required but will make texturing objects easier.

You will basically create textures for the ships, and other objects. From the diffuse textures, to the normal and specular mapping.

Concept Artist:

The team is growing all the time, and we are looking for only the best so that we can start pushing out some amazing work.

You will be designing the ships from various factions present within X32I, the various space objects, as well as the interiors of the larger ships you will be stationed on.

Owning a tablet is ideal for what you want to do, however it's use is not required.

Each design will have to be detailed, as well as various angles of the ship it self so that modellers have as much information as they need to start working on a 3D model of said ship.

You are required to read the G.D.D. (Game Design Document) so that you can get information on what should and should not be found on each design.

If you need further information, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll respond to any questions asap.

To Apply

Modelers :

Applicants who use 3DS max 2008/2009 are preferred over those who use other applications to model.

You will be tasked at working on models designed by concept artsis, as well as working on existing models optimising them, uv unwrapping the model, and setting up the model to work within Crysis using a SDK and the plugins contained within.
Perks to joining the team:

• 10GB of FTP Space on the X32I Server for X32I use, and personal use, stick anything on there you want as long as it's legal.
  • a X32I Team Email

I hope you can help. :)

There is probably stuff I forgot so if you have any questions PM, or post in this thread and I will answer them as best as I can.