Home General Discussion

Polycount Christmas Party - Let's do it --- Seattle, WA

Replies

• oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    IronHawk? A Chain? At that point, why don't we just meet at a Denny's? :P

But seriously. The east versus west going on here must come to a consensus. Personally, we have had all previous meetings in the east, so I think its fair for the west to have a chance. (And you all to show up versus not, complaining about parking and bridge crossing. We do the same when we come to you).

However either was will work.

All I ask is we dont meet on December 5th. That is the annual Gage Drawing Jam.

twoline.jpg

All of us should go to this outside any meetings.

http://www.gageacademy.org/events/?page=current&type=13
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    oXYnary wrote: »
    IronHawk? A Chain? At that point, why don't we just meet at a Denny's? :P

yeah 3 locations in the Puget Sound really makes it a Denny's you hippy. =p
  • diminished_Self
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diminished_Self polycounter lvl 12
    IronHawk wrote: »
    you're probly to cool to attend being from seattle proper and all. best to just stay home that day.

Wingdome would be fun for a get together.

dude, thats really not cool. the eastside (bellevue specifically) killed my brother. the wound is still too fresh....

im just saying that all the get togethers save one like a year and a half ago when fogmann got into town have been on the east side. lets have some west side love.
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dude, thats really not cool. the eastside (bellevue specifically) killed my brother. the wound is still too fresh....

im just saying that all the get togethers save one like a year and a half ago when fogmann got into town have been on the east side. lets have some west side love.

so he's poppin collars now? I guess I can have some sympathy. =p

I'm down for whatever but a party at Ebaggs would be a blast.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will there be lots of single women at Ebaggs party?

(Iron yea, your right, I was just being an ass). *Goes smokes a joint and listens to the dead*
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    oxy: His parties always have a nice turn out to say the least :)

I think vig said it best one time

"Character artists get all the ladies"

But maybe we can do more of a Polycount friendly party that isnt mega huge and maybe just drink some seasonal beers play some games and talk shop (its better then fighting through traffics sitting on opposite ends of a table trying to talk to one another , and dealing with the bills that come up at the end of who ordered what.)

Perhaps we can do a BYOB and maybe do a small snack tray deal (make it like a x-mas party you know?)
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Uh, we DID have a WEST side meet at Brouwers in Fremont last fall, and how many West Siders showed? Just Frozan, Praetus was late due to work and I brought a couple of artist friends I know who live in Capitol Hill. Also a ton of us met up at the Seattle Center IMAX theater for Transformers 2 this summer, no Seattle PCers showed.

Who usually starts the meetup threads? The Eastside. Which side of the pond has more game studios? The Eastside. Which side has more PCers? The Eastside.

And who bitches the most about crossing the pond that takes a whopping under 10 minutes to get across? THE WESTSIDERS. With Oxynary right at the head being the bitchiest. Every. Damn. Time. Is anyone else getting sick of this?

I propose starting now, we agree that 2 out of every three meetups be on the Eastside, and the third always be on the Westside. On top of that we can always just meet at the industry night at that pool place in Capitol Hill I keep hearing about. At least this will cut thru one layer layer of bullshit and stop the retarded East vs West bantering.

Oxynary: my monthly parties have a great amount of women, a PC-specific party would not, although I would recommend PCers bring their wives/gfs so it's not a total sausage fest.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    If its an consolation I'd prefer to come in to the East side of the city as driving in from Vancouver is a lot easier for me when its that way. Oh I also like the neighbourhoods over there as well :D

So who's hosting this thing? If you can host it, just host and whomever can't make it for X reason can stay home ;)
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    how about instead of a meetup or a party we have an all-out east/west brawl? No guns, and no touching of the face or hair. Everything else goes. It's the only way we'll ever solve this.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    wow there is a lot of East and Westside hate going on. Didnt know that, cant wait to move up to the Eastside later this week into what I guess is "fake seattle" lol.

Seems like ebagg is nicely offering to throw the Christmas party or allow us to come to one of his regular parties, dont see why there is any complaing when no one else has made that kinda offer. Seems silly to me.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I can always rent out the massive clubhouse here at my complex in Redmond, for a party. I'd have to see what the cost is. But if this is a westside gig, that won't matter.

Ebagg - if more PCers attend Joe's West Side Industry drink night, I'll go more often. I've been there a handful of times, but I really don't know many people there, so it's a bit uncomfortable. As for your parties - of course alcohol helps! But by the time I feel comfy around the strange crowds, I'm usually too buzzed to drive home ^_^
  • diminished_Self
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diminished_Self polycounter lvl 12
    Autocon wrote: »
    wow there is a lot of East and Westside hate going on. Didnt know that, cant wait to move up to the Eastside later this week into what I guess is "fake seattle" lol.

haha...its not fake seattle. its just not seattle. those eastside places are actually cities ya know. suburbs of seattle, yeah, but still their own places.

its like saying hey! lets have a san diego PC meetup! and lets have it in bonita! not that big of a deal, but bonita isn't san deigo, and kirkland isn't seattle.

there are more eastside PCers, but more interesting things to do on the westside. is it a bit of a pain to travel from direction to the other? yes. commutes both ways suck. we just need to strike a balance.

thank you elliotte for offering to host. my offer for killer egg nog still stands, and i made a bourbon pumpkin pie cheesecake that is to die for last night. and for the record i would still dig a white elephant style gift exchange.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's also a money issue for some of us. I know Seforin and myself are both unemployed and lets face it - Seattle is expensive. No way around that. If you want to party downtown you're looking at near $10 for parking (not even all day parking) and food in general is more spendy (at least from my experiences down there). It's not like I don't like being down there - Seattle kicks ass - it's just not good while being broke, hah.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vassago wrote: »
    It's also a money issue for some of us. I know Seforin and myself are both unemployed and lets face it - Seattle is expensive. No way around that. If you want to party downtown you're looking at near $10 for parking (not even all day parking) and food in general is more spendy (at least from my experiences down there). It's not like I don't like being down there - Seattle kicks ass - it's just not good while being broke, hah.

damn you chindia! you took my jerb ! And now you took away seattle from me!!! noooooooooooo :p

but yea case and point I dont like cities (Im originally a FL boy and miami is the SAME shit)

cramp parking, chance car getting broken into //stolen, paying anywhere from 7-10 bucks to park, bums everywhere asking me for change (Except here there liberal bums so they follow you and ask for help and say stupid shit like "go obama" , and then you sit in the middle of a table and cant move sides to talk to people back and forth :p

I would gladly offer to do a BBQ at my place, but Im the FURTHEST from all of you in Issaquah.

And I doubt 1/2 of you guys bitching about going to somewhere in the middle want to go as FAR as I do EVERY time theres a meet up

So both sides shut it :D

Lets just do it as simple as this new year (starting with X-mas party) counts as 1 EastSide, next time will be 1 more east side and then a west side, except the 2nd east side meetup will be in the middle so both parties cant complain.

Also Ebagg: I just remembered the party your having friday Is so gonna end with many penises drawn on peoples shirts :p
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    LOL you guys are ridiculous! :D Boo-fucking-hoo to traveling this way or that. I'm driving 2.5 hours to come to this so hopping on a bus for however-long-it-will-take isn't all that bad.

ebagg - your place then?
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    I live in the westside but I much prefer partying in the Eastside. Little to no worries on traffic or parking and I fucking hate parking downtown. I swear everytime I go downtown at night I get yelled at by homeless people, crazies, or a mixture of the two.

On the other hand though I am working a bit more for the holidays so me being able to go depends on night and time I guess. The only night I know I can't is the 8th. Childs Play auction is that night.
  • okkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okkun polycounter lvl 18
    Here's an idea how to keep these threads from derailing.

How about not calling it "Seattle meetup" every time, it's not like the eastside is actually Seattle. Seattlelites are sensitive peeps..

*edit I guess I should have read the whole thread. point still stands..
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    replying means your showing up okkun. =p

lets just keep our eyes on the prize here fellas. good drink good times and games. ;)
  • okkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okkun polycounter lvl 18
    wait, is it in Seattle then? :)
  • jocose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jocose polycounter lvl 11
    I'm all for having it at Ebagg's
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Who here does NOT have a facebook account? I'd like to set up an event page there and if you're not on I can email you the link.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg wrote: »
    I fart rainbows

<3

*edited*
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Vassago wrote: »
    <3

Thanks for editing back in the quote I edited out, fucker! >:D

You guys make for great drinking buddies, but a 10 minute drive across a pond makes many of you into sandy vaginas. You know you're making Adam look like Superman for traveling down from BC to meet us dontcha? >;D
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Dammit I am super, man.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Who here does NOT have a facebook account? I'd like to set up an event page there and if you're not on I can email you the link.

I do have a facebook but i dont have any of you guys on it so if I could get an email or whatever that would be awesome :)
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    ebagg: pro tip, don't keep bringing up something you don't want to keep hearing about. I dont care where this happens, those of you with tighter schedules and such can figure out the plan to fit with your situation and I'll try and make it, whatever it ends up being.
  • PfhorRunner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PfhorRunner polycounter lvl 18
    I'm in for Pizza and Beer, or a few (too many) shots...

If the plan wasn't to be on the West Side, I'd totally offer up my new business as a place to chill/hang out, but thats in Kirkland...
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for editing back in the quote I edited out, fucker! >:D

LMAO. That's what ya get for taking too long! :P
    I'll edit it out for ya. haha
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    So who/where?

Someone fess up.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Facebook event invites sent, for those who don't have me on facebook, here I am; http://www.facebook.com/ebagg, for those who don't have facebook, send me your email and I can send you the event info.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also a ton of us met up at the Seattle Center IMAX theater for Transformers 2 this summer, no Seattle PCers showed.

I wouldn't have put that as an example if trying to define what makes east versus west Ebagg. ;) On a related rant, I also tried to get some interest in seeing Jim Henson's exhibit at the Sci-fi museum on the free Thursday as a aftercomment in the last thread meetup. No one.

Will any be interested in the Drawing Jam this year?

I suggest next one NEITHER! Lets all go down to Renton or up to Bothell so all of us can complain equally!

And yes, Adam is superman.

Also no facebook *shudders* so send me the info when and where if I'm still invited to come since I was singled out.

Vassago, I did link to the IGDA meetup at the beg. of the thread. Its also a westside meetup at this time to make some contacts. He plans on alternating sides eventually, but I would try to note the next as since moving out of Digipen, there have been more developers in attendance (ie possible job leads/contacts).
  • Karmageddon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karmageddon polycounter lvl 7
    Thank you so much Elliotte for hosting the party. Should there be a $5 cover for food or drinks or anything? I heard the idea of pizza flying around. I mean, is this a dinner deal or an after dinner deal?

I'll see if I can find some industry lady friends to bring, I know of at least one cute and single girl who may want to come with.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    I can make/bring some food if people want me to.
  • Paul Pepera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Pepera polycounter lvl 9
    Awesome, thanks ebagg. This will be my first PC meetup. :)

@ oXYnary: I'm planning on going to Drawing Jam this year.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Bring drinks and/or food please. It's starting at 9 so party food is very welcome with the drinks, but drinks are most important! ;D
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is anyone going west afterwords, need

A: A designated driver.
    B: Leaving earlier and can drop off someone at Bellevue Transit Center.

The bus end early at night and come later in the morn in the area Kirkland ebagg's at.

If I bought a case of Kombucha (thats gonna be fun on the buses), would that interest anyone? Or if its not alcoholic, no interest? I could bring some fruit or something? Large Bag of Natural Tortilla Chips (not sure how long they would last with munchies).

Is there PC LAN play by chance? Not much of a dancer or guitar hero.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Be there or be square.
    10th Annual
    Drawing Jam:
    Saturday, December 5, 2009
    Gage Academy of Art
    1501 10th Ave E.
    Seattle, WA 98102

Buy tickets at the door!
    Adults: $10
    Students w/ID: $5
    Kids & Teens: FREE

Named a Must-Attend Event by Seattle Magazine!
    Try your hand at art during the 10th Annual Drawing Jam — a 12-hour art-making marathon — on Saturday, December 5, at Gage Academy of Art.

From 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Gage provides all the essentials for a full day of art creation.

http://www.gageacademy.org/events/?page=current&type=13
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    anyone have cable with spike tv to watch the VGA's and preparty?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    IMPORTANT QUESTION: Are pants mandatory at this party????
    It doesn't matter either way cuz mine are comin' off. It's christmas and I'm drinking for fuck sakes.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam wrote: »
    It doesn't matter either way cuz mine are comin' off. It's christmas and I'm drinking for fuck sakes.

D:
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I'm so disappointed I'm going to miss this. Hopefully we can sort out another meet-up some time after February.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I'm glad we only took ONE shot of tequila together at the last meetup. ^_^
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Sef & Vagino you guys are coming, ya ????
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    adam are you already drunk? Gonna be an interesting party when adam shows up covered in pieces of bush and tree with a mostly gone fifth of tequila and no pants
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    its gonna be a hell of a night.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm hoping to be there. Things have been decidedly...bad...for me this week. We'll see. I'm sure as hell going to try.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yea i'll be there might drag my cousin with me (his in the field to, scripter/producer /animator guy)

And vas' you better be there!
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master

Any forum with an administer that says stuff like that is awesome.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll try, Remi. Depends if I get hosed by UI or not.

Anyone know where to score some Aha Toro tequila? I had that godly nectar once at Matador here in Redmond. Never seen it in a store.