Home Technical Talk

MAYA - Normal Map & Textures In Final Hypershade

I need to know how can I connect normal map, diffues, textures, etc... in one final hypershade?

For software I use is Maya.

Are there any tutorials for this problem?

Thanks,
polygeek

Replies

• kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 19
    I take it you mean one final Shader? The "Hypershade" is the name of the editor where you work with several shaders, etc.

Aaanyway, create an appropriate shader model which has the inputs you'd like, probably a lambert/blinn/phong. Then you wanna map file textures in the appropriate channels of that shader model. One way of doing this is opening your shader model in the Attribute editor and clicking that little checker looking icon to the right of attributes, for example next to the attribute Color. In the new dialogue you want to select "File". You should now have a new "File" node connected to your shader and now it's just a matter of opening that file node in the attribute editor and selecting your appropriate file texture in the File source(?).

*Color map goes in the Color slot
    *Alpha goes in the Transparency slot
    *Normal Map goes in the Bump slot (This will create an new extra Bump2D node, set it to Use As: tangent/object normal)
    *Specular map goes in the Specular Color (if you actually have a shader model that has these features, such as a Blinn or Phong)

Have fun.

PS. You probably want to set your viewport setting to High Quality Rendering to see some of these maps in effect, such as the normal map, etc.
  • verybad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    verybad polycounter lvl 17
    Press F1 The knowledge is built into the extensive Help file in Maya. Isuggest using it as it's very thorough and can teach you a lot.
  • kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 19
    I'll second that any day.