adam polycounter lvl 19
uc2009_blackplasticglasses_logo1.png
FINAL ENTRY:
bpg_wastedhope_wallpaper_1280x800_01.jpg
bpg_wastedhope_wallpaper_1280x800_02.jpg
bpg_wastedhope_submission_construction.jpg
bpg_wastedhope_submission_texturesheet.jpg

uc2009_bpg_submission_concepts.jpg

Might as well get my team's page going early!

So myself and Carlo Balassu, a friend and co-worker of mine at Relic, are going to be entering the contest as an environment artist + concept artist combo. The 'End Game' theme is pretty flippin' awesome and we're already coming up with ideas that fit the feeling of the term.

Links of interest:
Early concept pass:

So this idea we have is a world where people have been oppressed to a point that no one building, skyscraper, or house is useful. It's so bad, that shanty towns have been set up around cities, most of which are in ruin. Barely surviving, the remaining humans are doing what they can to hold on...

...only to now find themselves in early stages of a full blow invasion. Will this be final nail in the human race's coffin?

uc_2009_concept1.jpg

Concept note: In the above concept we're just establishing our setting and composition. The large rock in the foreground will be replaced with our attack pods, which can also be seen in the background breaking the atmosphere and falling to earth.

Unofficial song for our entry (even though 1/2 of team Crabcore is gone, we still have some crabcore left in us):
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1pCOR9Rv9M[/ame]

We'll update this thread as new stuff comes online.

Replies