the world HAS ended

look :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8269057.stm

chas and dave have split
  • EbolaV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EbolaV keyframe
    think i have seen some zombies in front of some stores today... but im not sure...
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    danr wrote: »
    chas and dave have split

I guess that Sainsbury's finally has more Rabbit now :S
    Shame. :(
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Pope Adam wrote: »
    I really wish the rapture would come and wash away all these fucking retarded evangelicals... even though their evil conniving asses would probably be left here with the rest of us sinners. Although, their stupid, ignorant, homophobic, intolerant, jealous ass set of holy ethics does happen to fall directly in line with their old testament sky-daddy... so he'd probably take 'em all with anyway. We could only be so lucky.

There's enough retards on both sides of the fence you don't have to worry.
  • Canden Picard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know not many people take it seriously enough, I dont want to go to hell, I want to meet God and be with him for all eternity. AS far as sides of the fence go, Imagine the good things in your life, imagine the bad and then ask your self what do I want forever? I want good forever, love, harmony happiness, Gods presence. TO many this is far to outlandish to believe, but its the truth. I dont know if this guy has it nailed down, I do know the bible says NO MAN or angel or the son knows the date, ONly the Father, so hes taking it down to a precise day I dont know how much stock to put in his assumptions and math, but Hey I wanna be ready. He makes it awfully understandable.
    You guys can stock up on shotguns and MRE's Im gonna stock up on faith and ask for the strength to get my "House" mentally and spiritually and physically in order. Nothing is more important than the truth. Nothing is more important than your relationship with the Almighty and the son Jesus Christ. This forum is no acception there seems to be room for everything else in the world but God. We can talk about murderers on tv and watch peoples dream destroyed on american idol "however deluded" some of those people may be, we can watch movies where people are torn apart, but someone mentions an all loving creator and his infinite mercy and theres an invitation to spend forever in his kindgom and people go "Whoa, hold on this is all a little to terrifying". Hey, if theres anyone here whos a believer as well dont be hateful to those who dont believe, help them, thats what we are called to do.
    SO much in fact Ive considered going to be a pastor I feel that my artistic career is selfish. God has turned my life around, Im still waging war mentally, Im still fighting and changing, but through all that the Lord has done for me to revive me from that dead life I used to live I still feel Im not doing enough, I still dont feel im thankful enough. But, theres good news guys, we arent perfect and God loves us anyway we can never do absolutley perfect by ourselves but he wants us in heaven with him anyway.
    Jesus Christ died on the cross a perfect person the son of God, he was the most innocent punished for being the most guilty (cant be more guilty than saying your God) accept he is the son and is innocent, Then he rose from the dead. Jesus came back to life, bringing all who believe with him, he paid my price, I accept Yes Lord I do. Hey you guys can kick the bucket around. I dont know when the worlds gonna end but it will and I wanna be on Jesus' list. If yall dont believe the lord would rather you did, but I wont hate on you. Please dont hate on me.
  • EbolaV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EbolaV keyframe
    what a wall of text
  • Taylor Hood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have the right to my own opinion so I think if I get flamed for this or hated then thats just BS guys.

We have to wake up everyday and struggle to survive. Some of our lives are extremley horrible and some people wish to die. But some people are afraid of death. Yet god asks us to always follow him and worship him. He says there is no other god but me. I think god is an idiot. I'm not anti christ or anything like that but my life is pretty much bullshit right now and I don't see the logical explanation in following him if he gives me such a shit life.

Again, this is MY own OPINION.
    Just as Canden has his, I shall have mine.
  • Canden Picard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Right LOM, life is hard, ive been there. I know your struggles are exclusive to you. But Ive been through hell too, Im still going through it. IM not gonna force you to believe, but Ill will say Ive been low in life, things have been tough, and Jesus has always been there, hes there to heal me when things are thier worst and dude, if you ever get at a point where you dont know what to do. God is there for you.
  • Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    Bah, everybody knows that the Rapture won't happen yet, I have too many projects to compl
  • Taylor Hood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How does he help you?
    Belief? Beliefs are a pseudo system that make people feel good.
    I could believe in anything that can't even be proven but as long as it matters to me and makes sense to me then its my own personal belief that makes me happy.
    Do you look up to HIM? Does believing in a higher being that is apparently "All knowing" and "All seeing" make you feel like someone or something cares?

I may sound like I'm talking in an angry tone or something like that but I'm just curious.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can call it a pseudo system or belief, yeah I guess you can't see the wind but you know it exists, I don't need to know everything about how a watch works to use one, it's very similar. I've seen too many things happen in my own personal life to not believe in Jesus Christ. My brother is a walking testimony of miracles, he has taken care of his family from paycheck to paycheck taking odd jobs cutting trees and tree limbs by word of mouth for 15 years now and he just got 3 more kids dumped on him from an in-law that went to jail and one of those kids is a special needs kid, and he still is able to make his ends meet. It's just something I believe and know it to be true. Things have just transpired just so in my life where I seen him working in my life.

It's all about surrounding yourself with other positive people as well. I try not to judge others and I also try not to 'preach' to others. In fact I had several dreams recently which I shared with my pastor, where I think lots of Christians go wrong, in regards of how to share your beliefs without being 'labeled' and showing your beliefs by your works and who you are, so people would want to be like you instead of throwing a book in front of them and telling them they are going to Hell.... I've recently felt a calling to do prison ministry and I look forward to where that takes me. I do look up to God and try to the best person I can be on a daily basis, we are all sinners so people will fall short daily. You can only ask for forgiveness and try your best again the next day.

(And in regards to gays, murderers, etc.) The church doesn't shun the person, they love the person they disagree with the sin.
  • Taylor Hood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In my opinion, god must have knew that we are all sinnners and we would be from the start. 7 You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name. I'm pretty sure everyone has said atleast "Jesus christ" in an angry situation. There are plenty more commandments that we've all failed to stay to and we all know it. If this God can be so demanding then... I don't know. He gave us free choice and ended up here... we're doomed anyway.
  • Canden Picard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wall of text: sorry, I just had a lot so say lol.
    LOM: yeah dude, I feel his presence I literally feel the holy spirit,l its reassuring and fullfilling. I look up to God because there is no better role model and he comes through for me daily, Im a better person with him in my life. I used to be afraid to talk about him to people, or actually confess to him because I felt like someone who was ready to make fun of me was listening and the truth is there was and is. Satan is that enemy, but once you ask Him to help you break through that fear the enemy has set up you can freely trust him, its literally a new life. DO you ever wish you could talk to someone? But, it feels like no one can help, no one will have the words to make you whole where you feel empty? God is he, he cares, he always knows how to heal my friend. I used to be afraid of doing what was right like I said and I still fight that fight, but with him IM not lost in myself and worry. I had to listen and I heard "Theres no negative living for God" theres no bad side to being faithful and putting all you have in his hands, theres billions of people in this world that makes us lose hope and refuse to trust people, they let us down all the time. But Jesus Christ wont let us down, he cares he can be trusted. So yeah most deffinatley he makes me feels loved and accepted. Even though I dont feel worthy God wants us to knowhe wants us in his kingdom, he love us regardless. He'll never let you down dude, some people are professional let downs, so are other things in life, things suck bad. But God is the light in the darkness the safety in the storm, hes a professional at caring and loving. Dont be afraid to pray or to trust him, theres no down side.
    Yeah, there are a lot of people out there who abuse Gods name. Ive taken his name in vain, If said "Jesus Christ" in a disrespectful way, Ive said "GD" more nowadays than I ever had before, I used to tell my friends dont say that around me, they werent believers but they respected that. IM ashamed I even started saying it in anger. People calling themselves christians "Wolves in sheeps clothing" are out there, they want to persecute the people not the sin like dekard said. I read an article a while back and the author said "People often depict God as a distant hateful vengful unloving God, hes not, hes a close intimate caring Father" There are a lot of people out there who treat people like bullies treat those they bully, they want to inflict fear and scare people and stone and persecute. Then again there are those who want us to be aware theres reward and theres punishment thats not the same as picketers and protestors. Jesus said "Love your neighbor, love your brother and love your enemy" "Judge not lest ye be judged" "I didnt come to call the righteous but sinners" "I didnt come to persecute but to save". So yes there are those who use Gods name against him.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    Dekard, you are awesome.

LoM, Old Testament and New Testament. There's a very big cross over in how God approaches humanity. Are we all doomed, I don't think so at all. Have I personally taken the Lord's name in vain? I know it has happened several times (much more in the distant past than nowadays), but I've always recognized it immediately and asked for forgiveness. Forgiveness which is made possible through Jesus, the New Testament.
    Jesus issued new commandments when his disciples asked him which commandment was the most important. "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.
    - Matthew 22:36-40

None of us are perfect LoM. I agree with Dekard on all the points he made previously. Live your life to the fullest and treat everyone the way you would like to be treated. We all get angry, we all feel hate, disgust, and angst. When I feel like life is hard or going down the toliet, I try to look for all the good things I have been blessed with, and then I realize how selfish it is to feel like I have it rough compared to any one else in the world, because I know I don't. If I don't get shot at everyday, I think I have it pretty damn good. If I don't get beat up for loving someone, believing in something, or for the color of my skin, I have it pretty damn good. If I can eat a meal, sleep in a bed, and have at least one person that cares about me, then I am richer than any millionaire on the planet, regardless of how much money is in the bank, what job I have, what clothes I wear, or the care I drive. The simple things, especially the intangible things in life are the most important.

Sit down for 30minutes. Write down how you would like to be treated by other people. List it out. How do you want people to make you feel. How do you want people to approach you and talk to you, etc. Tape that list up on your bathroom mirror, by your bed, anywhere where you, and only you, will see it everyday no matter what. Every time you see that list, read through it, and do your absolute best to treat everyone you interact with in the same manor as you expressed on that list. I can almost guarantee that you will see a difference in your life within 1 month. Just try it and see what happens. I'm not even asking you to pick up the Bible. Just treat people the way you want to be treated.
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    I agree with Valandar.. too many projects to complete.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh and in regards to wack-a-doo's.. they are everywhere. The end has been nigh for two thousand years.. :D There are wackadoo muslim's, wackadoo atheists, wackadoo christians, etc.. There's an extreme to everything. The big thing is can you see the differences, respect them and not categorize the many for the vocal extreme minority. I feel kinda bad for calling out Pope Adam on his beliefs earlier and I apologize my point was retarded folks are on both sides. I can see how a lot of Christians could make him feel that way. I'd hope he doesn't feel that way about 'all' Christians though. It's just easy to marginalize and generalize a group of people that are different.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    You guys will learn one day.:shifty:
This discussion has been closed.