Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sword and Shield WIP

Replies

• turpedo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    turpedo polycounter lvl 12
    Killaball wrote: »
    Hey looking really great! I love the style and I love your texture painting it looks great! The only crit I can give you is it seems that you have a bit of wasted space in your texture maps. To late now, but next time maybe try to have less unused texture space on your maps.

Lastly and very minor, you could have helped condense the textures a bit better by putting like textures on top of each other. Like the little spikes and the darker orange things. Hope that will help in the future!

Yup you're definitely right, there is some unused texture space :(. I was saving that spot to put in some sort of bill boarded effects for the weapon but I ended up not doing it. I would typically overlap the darker orange things but wouldn't it cause a nasty seam with the normal map? I unwrapped two different spikes because I wanted to paint different lighting on each one. Now that I look back on it though, it doesn't really matter, people can't tell anyways with how I lit it :(. Thank you for the critique and compliments though, I will take those into account for the next thing I make.

Thanks everyone for all the crits and compliments as well :\. I am glad you guys like it, time to rest until the Unearthly starts.