Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gremlin wip

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
whipSwitch polycounter lvl 8
Hey all, so I've been itching to start a new real project.(cause you can only do so much "practice" work before you need to apply it to something substantial) This is a sculpt I did a while back and I like this dude, so I thought I might get some opinions about what works, what doesn't before I just jump in.

gremPreliminary.jpg

Replies

• eric.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really cool guy! The only thing I think looks a little weird is the boots. Looks like they will fall off when he walks or something. The boots looks really good though, but I would make them squeeze the foot more. I dont know how the feet looks like though :)

Keep at it!
  • Zotter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is rad, I like your placement of the detail. Good design, makes me want to know the story behind this guy.
  • nfrrtycmplx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nfrrtycmplx polycounter lvl 18
    I'm diggin' it with a shovel.

I would suggest reworking the legs. Would be cool to see more of the underlieing form. If nothing else, addin some subtle details to the pants to show in-seam and polish the folds/knee area.

The only other thing i'd say would be that it looks like he has 3 ears and the folds on the forhead look like he's wearing a very thin hat. I'd suggest working up a browe so he can have expression in his eyes.

Looks pretty bitchin otherwise.

Cheers

p.s. i'm sleepy/lazy pardon the shpelling
  • Taylor Hood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Epic. He's a cool lookin' guy!
  • whipSwitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whipSwitch polycounter lvl 8
    thanks guys.

eric- the boots were meant to be a bit "clodhopper"-ish, but I can what your sayin, I'll play around with them a bit more.

nfrrty - yea, the pants were an area I kinda wanted to rework, the folds and such don't read quite right to me, and now I know they should be changed. About the head, I'll prolly go in and rework the central extended cranial piece to distinguish it more from the ear. You're right about the folds, he is actually wearing a cloth hood. Maybe it should drape around the side of the neck to read more clearly.