Home Technical Talk

Maya Rigging question

hey guys i got a bit of a question, i already have some ideas on how to rig this, but id definatly appriciate a practiced hand's advice. if anyone has experiance rigging eyelashes in maya id love to hear from ya.

about the model: its just a sieris of planes with alpha, but my blend shapes don't include the lashes, so i don't want to combine them lest i should have to remake my blends.

any advice is appriciated, this is not for a game character, so any fix is appriciated thanks guys.

-Woog

Replies

• MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    i did this long ago, here are few things u can do

fast and easy is to create a blend shape for the eyelashes that match the movement of the eye lids and then do a set driven key to drive the eyelashes blend shape by the eye lids blend shape.

second skin eyelashes to joints, and vertex constrain the joints to the vertices of the eye lid where they are connected. there is a vertex constrain script/plugin out there u might have to google.
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks MM only two of my blends affect the area so i think im gonna go with the SDK route, seems the simplest ill definatly look up that plugin tho i was thinking point constraint to a cluster on the eyelid but yea the blends will be easier.

-Woog