Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jolly old fat man

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
pangarang polycounter lvl 11
not much to show off at this point, but i'm working on it! someone commented that he looks like a nazi general or something :( But I dunno. Feedbacks please and thanks in advance!

fatmanu.jpg

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    He looks like a flasher

2djp6yb.jpg
  • d00kie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d00kie polycounter lvl 17
    i sure hope his sleeves are rolled up...

else he gon have some T-Rexish arms.
  • P442
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    his face looks like that kid from that one movie I can't remember. Looks really familiar though. My point being, the face looks really young.
  • pangarang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think the "jolly" factor will come in until i create some nice blendshapes for the head. Got a start on texturing the head this weekend. Not sure if this is a good practice or not but for the normal map, i included an overexposed grayscale image of the face texture set to overlay to emphasize the wrinkles just that much more so hopefully he won't look so young as P442 pointed out.

Dookie, thanks for the feedback on the arm shortage but I suddenly have a feeling i might have extended them a little too much ...

ZacD, hopefully the inclusion of pants significantly takes away from the flasherness ;)

Thanks everyone for looking so far. Here's the updated image.

smallfatman2.jpg
  • Sauron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sauron polycounter lvl 10
    He is looks like Lavrenty Beria.... well close to nazi general :)
    Coat must look much like coat and less like gown. Also legs are too thin
    Face texture is really good so far!
  • P442
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    looking much better. I think the original idea got confused in here somehow, so what do you plan on doing with this model?
  • pangarang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ Sauron: Tweaked the size of the legs and the trench coat's silhouette. Hopefully it's looking more accurate.

@P442: I'm planning on having one high model using the zbrush sculpts and one in-game model sitting at around 15,000 polys. The high poly model will be used for some glamor shots with nice lighting (lordy help me, i neutralize other people's ability to light, that's how inadequate of a lighter I am). The low poly model will be rendered in a series of poses and slapped together on a nice pose sheet to be added to the portfolio.

Having said that, here are the updates with wireframe. The LOD assets are all mixed up right now, but i have plan!

fatman.jpg
    smallfatman3.jpg
  • Sauron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sauron polycounter lvl 10
    Ye, that looks much better! really good so far! But don't you think to make legs a bit shorter? :)
  • Sirdelita
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sirdelita polycounter lvl 10
    Looking great! But i do agree with shorter legs, and i feel that belly would look so much better if it hung more. It reminds me of silicone breasts as opposed to real ones. Too perky, should hang more? Speaking of tits, your textures are!
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    he still looks like a flasher. but nice work. i think its the way the trenchcoat is closed, and the fact the belt looks so tight around the waist. when you're fat, you tend to want to open up the jackets, as you grow too large for it. i think he needs a hat as well. and trucker spectacles
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    fat people tend to have their coats or whatever open, because they beleve that makes them look less fat
    the pantover really sucks bad, but it shows what i mean
    unbenannt1kopiemq.jpg