Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Volatile - an iPhone game in progress

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Ooghijmiqtxxa polycounter lvl 17
Hey all! It's been a long time since I've posted anything here. I've been super busy working on Natural Selection 2 @ Unknown Worlds, but I've been working with what little free time I have on a pet project of mine for awhile now and it's about damn time I started showing it and getting some feedback. So here we go!

logo.jpg

Volatile is a PRPG (puzzle role playing game) for the iPhone. Imagine if Puzzle Quest and Puzzle Fighter had a crazy love child and was in a sci-fi time period.

Cargo Blocks:
vb.jpg

The cargo blocks are the different colored blocks on the field. The player manipulates these pieces to create groups and chains.

Solve Blocks:
fissian.jpg

The solve blocks are used to “solve” the same colored cargo blocks. Solved cargo blocks do damage to the enemy.

Blocking Blocks:
bb.jpg

Blocking blocks are immovable blocks. The countdown text color signifies what color the block will turn when the time has passed. Once the time has passed, blocking blocks turn into cargo blocks. Blocking blocks are dropped on your enemy when you do damage and on the player when damage is received.

Perks:
perks.jpg

Perks are abilities that the player can use while in battle. Ranging from a quick heal or an orbital blast.

Characters:
TheGirl.jpg
Engineer.jpg
TheTurncoats.jpg
Players get to pick who they want to be. Game doesn't change much, they just get different Perks at the start of the game.

What it should look like all together:

mockup.png

This is just a Photoshop mock up, but hopefully it'll look something like this when everything is put together.

Mission Select:
mockup2.png

This is where players will be able to select which mission they want to take on. They can see what level difficulty the mission is by which color the blip is, how much Reputation and a little flavor text to go along with the mission.

That's pretty much all I have to show at the moment. There is still a few more perks that I need to do the art for, some more characters and enemies that need to be done but over-all, a lot of the art for the project is pretty much complete. Now all I need is a coder to make it all happen! If anyone knows anybody looking for a project, send em' my way!

Thanks for taking a look and any crits are welcomed!

Replies