Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warzone Environment

Replies

• Diwan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Diwan polycounter lvl 13
    crazyfingers - u crazy!!! thanks dude :P
    roosterMAP - Thanks! yeah I've got 3 more weeks out of this quarter and planning on finishing the main courtyard area.
    SouthpawSid - Make sure to hollar! See ya.
    JasonLavoie - Woah, man thanks alot. Those are some really kind words, I've been following your Demon's Throne and just drooling for more of your awesome progress and just been inspired so much and to afraid to say anything haha. So thanks man, means alot.
    sampson - hey thanks, I'm using 1 main dominant light for the sun on pretty bright setting, and then I've played and tweaked my environment color to try and get a nice bluish shadow. Lastly I added a sky light without casting shadows with a very low brightness on blue color, you can hardly see it, I think its on 0.005 or something but it helps a little to emphasize the blue shadow.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the kind words. :) Will be posting more progress after GDC.
  • Clockwork
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reminds me of a scene from newest MGS, looks very good.
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    damn- that fountain is beautiful
  • Vredesbyrd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like this scene, alot.

Keep them coming,
  • Illusive
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusive polycounter lvl 8
    awesome work so far dude!
  • Thewiruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thewiruz polycounter lvl 16
    Hi !

Looks awesome!can you tell how you made this one ?
    http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z166/Hamz_Kargath/wip15.jpg

I assume you did it in zbrush or mudbox from a basemesh but did you made it from 2 basemeshes like 1.wall and 2 brickwall inside the outside wall?or are the bricks also iduvidual meshes?

Would like to know :) coz i have some problems with a damaged house im working with

Anyway looks amazing!
  • Diwan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Diwan polycounter lvl 13
    oh hey guys, thanks for the kind words. I've been kinda bizzy with graduating (1 more week), so stressed out atm haha. But going to post some final shots soon, got the tank almost finished. Still needs a spec map and more decoration
    AbramRenderWip00.jpg

AbramRenderWip01.jpg

Thewiruz: My apologies for responding so late to your question. I started with a very simple box in Zbrush, and then masked out the areas that where going to be plaster. With the layer brush I gave it some height and then messed it up with a couple alpha brushes. Then I inverted my mask went into projection mode and drew out my bricks with a layer brush and line tool ( this is very time consuming and the only reason I did it this way was to try out new techniques). Masking is basically key, mainly when you are doing stuff like this in zbrush. Hope that helps!
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    m1_abrams_12_of_55.jpg

Think you can use more signage details and lettering.

And this is only bothering me because when I was in the USMC while on deployment, we would travel to the gulf via aircraft carrier and they would keep the M1's down in the lower v deck where the smoking pit was. I would always go down to smoke and I remember the name of the tank. "Wargasm".

In the USMC they allow divisions to give their tanks 1 or 2 letter names. But no slogans.
  • Diwan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Diwan polycounter lvl 13
    Yeah I hear you Kaburan. But I figured since its for games I might as well have fun with it, I was actually going to change it to punisher but then totally forgot about it hah. Anyhow, some more wip, I'm pretty much done with the tank but the scene needs to be connected with the fountain area atm. Some renders of the tank area from UDK, and Hi-Poly.
    Any C&C is welcome, thanks!

FinalShot00.jpg
    FinalShot01.jpg
    FinalShot02.jpg
    FinalShot03.jpg
    FinalShot04.jpg
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 14
    you should add lighting effects and particles. exhaust from vehicles. make it feel hot and alive.