• Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    I think I kinda liked the synthetic feel of the first trailer/teaser much better than this one. It just felt more otherworldly somehow?
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    friggin sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, the description says daft punk denies its them tho..... Stilll sounds good
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    :( I miss the orchestra + synth combo from the first Tron.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    pior wrote: »
    I think I kinda liked the synthetic feel of the first trailer/teaser much better than this one. It just felt more otherworldly somehow?

i actually agree! I've said a few times I feel like the new look is a bit too 'real'. In the close shots it's indistinguishable from some cyberpunk future glam nightclub scene. The backgrounds in the old 'test' trailer were very primitive like the original, so it had a more raw feel. I'm not surprised that with the big budget film comes more epic heavyhanded productions. One quality from the original film I will miss is the look of the human characters. In the original they were filmed in black and white, then processed and recolored which gave a very organic yet artificial aesthetic.

Still, I'm excited like a little schoolgirl for this movie. I've watched the trailer probably 10 times.
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    pior wrote: »

I get that from a lot of trailers, they look awesome like something you've never seen before, and yet you watch the film and their just so mundane, you have seen it all before.

I wish they would make the movies of the trailers. Like Watchmen, the film was good, the trailer with the images with that soundtrack felt so much better.

Daft punk sounds good though, if a little familiar.
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    Slum wrote: »
    http://www.tuxboard.com/?daft-punk-the-crash-tron-legacy

Daft punk tunes from the movie! Sweet!

Haha, unfortunately those are both fakes. One is debunked in the comments on that site and the other one, Fragile, was proven fake a while ago.

This is the only official music so far. A track playing in the background at the unveiling of the new lightcycle.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrew4XtbjrU[/ame]
  • OBlastradiusO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OBlastradiusO polycounter lvl 11
    Daft Punk sounds okay. Too me the music in the second trailer sounds like the Dark Knight which in my opinion had a Ho Hum soundtrack. The music in the light cycle video sounds like a John Carpenter film. Which isn't a bad thing. I still miss the original Tron soundtrack. But once I see the film maybe i'll change my mind.
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    Fair enough, those tunes are rubbish then.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    http://www.myspace.com/pilotpriest

Is the correct artist for the fake soundtrack music. Good music.
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    bowiek.jpg

No Bowie?

Really hope that the 3d is not as bad as the let's film it in 2d and do the 3d in post style of Alice in Wonderland - after Avatar maybe people are spoiled, but Alice gave me a headache.

Looks good so far, although it feels a bit like they've done a Return of the Sith and thrown in the Money shots in the trailer. :(
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    current desktop ;)

vlcsnap60323.png
  • ralusek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ralusek polycounter lvl 10
    as far as it looking too real, it's a computer world that basically keeps up with technology. seeing as though this is at least 20 years after the original, it works pretty well with the plot that the graphics of the computer world would have been terrible back then, and have progressed significantly
  • Snacuum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snacuum polycounter lvl 9
    I'm surprised nobody is bringing up Tron 2.0 I know it's not canon, but it had the best realized worlds for Tron. Everything had a brilliant real-world feel while being obviously digital. Things like a crowded city for internet, corrupt alien world for a virus infestation, dingy brown relics for an outmoded computer and even things like an impassible spinning gauntlet for a firewall. And I loved how the characters had suitably segmented bodies, to reflect that they needed no fleshyness. Unlike the people in this new one which just look like people with neons on their suits.