Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jmiles_Low Poly Batman WIP thread

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
jmiles interpolator
started this guy a while back, and threw him in 500 tris or less thread.. but as it turns out i forgot his utility belt -_-* so here's the update and he's just over 500.. fixed up the seams in Zbrush, and i plan to create a low ploy scene

edit: helps if i add the pic...

batsa.gif

Replies

• hansedr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like it. Can we see the wireframe? Also, what size texture sheet did you use?
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    personally, i'd like to see some actual shading rather than just outlining muscles, but i get it if that's the style you're going for.

looks good. wireframe!
  • jmiles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmiles interpolator
    here's some updates to my bats, folks.. worked on the batmobile over the weekend.. hope yall like.. crits appreciated.. more refinery to come.. as well as more assets

batmobileopen.jpg

batmobileclosed.jpg

batmobilerear.jpg

and as requested.. wires

batswires.gif

mobilewires.gif

lots more to come.. i've made an interior for the batmobile, as you can see.. just in case i wanted to make a scene w/ alfred working on it or something.. but the plan is for a shot w/in the bat cave.. dont really know what yet.. but this is a start..
  • jmiles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmiles interpolator
    P.S... there are lots of seams i will be fixing w/ zbrush
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    looking cool man, you certainly have a unique looking stye there. I think Batmans hands could use some more volume though.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Give a lot more loving to the textures, besides that this is starting out pretty good just need more attention/push. :) cant' wait to see the scene.
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TorQue[MoD] polycounter lvl 19
    I am a major batman fan so I must say this is really awesome. It captures the look of Batman perfectly while still adding your own style. I like that he's done in SD fashion as well. My only crit is WTF is up with the vertical lines on his suit? They look awful! Also don't like the way you edsigned the Bat Symbol on his chest but that's just the fanboy in me talking. Love the batmobile!

Great work overall. Now you just need an SD Joker and Twoface!
  • hansedr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is looking great. What size is the texture map for Batman? You should make Superman for a World's Finest/Public Enemies scene.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    loving the style, it does seam like the models are way too low poly for the texture sizes, just wandering if theres an engine suited to this, but never mind cos the low polyness is part of the style
  • jmiles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmiles interpolator
    thanks gents for all the nice words and crits..

@ bradmyers82-- definitely man.. i rushed the finger tips a bit.. thanks for the reminder

@ S!nz-- yeah man there are more areas i would like to push.. especially the afterburners.. perhaps more line work in the car detailing.. and more painted lighting.. try to give it more shiney.

@ TorQue[MoD]-- hehe ya man me too.. um as for the line work on the suit itself.. w/o it i was thinkin that texture might look a bit plain.. w/ just the muscles and armor plantes painted into it.. my intention was to go for that striated muscle look, much like the crysis suit.. epic fail there.. and yet i still kinda liked how it still gives a textured look to the gray area of the suit.. i'll work on it.. as for the bat symbol itself.. just trying something new and work w/ shapes.. i like how it looks.. but perhaps i could change the size up a bit to keep things unified with other bat symbols around

@ hansedr-- the maps are a bit large for what they should be for a game engine.. batman's map is a 512 diffuse and the batmobile is a 1024 diffuse.. i wanted more res to paint on.. still like how they turned out...

@ SHEPEIRO-- thanks very much man.. yeah, batman's map is a bit big.. but like a said before, i wanted more area to paint on.. what i think i might end up doing is adding a few loops here and there to beef out his shape a little more.. perhaps throw him into zbrush and make some spec and normal maps.. same would go for the batmobile.. althought i think i'll just be creating some normals and specs the old fashioned way w/ the photoshop filter or crazy bumb.. i'll have to feel it out

thanks all for the great comments.. more is a commin'.. ;P