Home Digital Sketchbooks

engelik Sketchbook

Hi there!

about time i started a sketchbook

i want to do some exercises in:
-anatomy
-drapery
-high frequency detailing (organic & hard surface)
-non symetrical sculpting
-...?

and well here is a start:

girltorso.jpg

hogarthmainformsstudy.jpg

(head study based on hogarth drawings / book, focusing in main forms / face planes)

comments and exercises advices are most welcomed!

Replies

• engelik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    an hard-surf modeling and texturing exercice :
    ombudz.jpg
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    Outro tuga? oh diabo aqui a pouco somos mais que as maes!

Not bad stuff, but it is all abit unfinished for good criticism. The face for example, it is a good start the proportions seem ok and the base shapes are also there but I can't say much more about it.
  • engelik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hehe. ah pois! ainda vamos conquistar o mundo.. otra vez. :p

thanks!
    Well, i want to do small projects to try to improve and test different techniques and workflows and hopefully became a better artist in the process :) so i wont try to go for a complex and fully refined project for now.
  • engelik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i've been testing some new texturing techniques and to see how much i can push a normal map :)

viewport: (night scene w/ ligth post)

blwall.jpg

marmoset toolbag:

marwall.jpg

and the sheet:

wallsheet.jpg

crits & comments are most welcome =)
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
  • engelik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    of course i don´t mind =) that's exactly why i have a sketchbook, to learn ;)

hey! the spec aint only a darken version! look at the glass! :p
    yeah i guess the vent could use a nice spec too.. the window metal is rusted so i guess isn't very reflective.

the process for the normal was:

--a partir do difuse fiz um mapa com relativamente noiseless (sem grunge rust e cia só deixei as cracks e pintei alguma elevação ou assim) onde separei as superficies:
    bumpwb.jpg

no zb usei como alpha para fazer um inflate ao plano (isto já um 1 mil polys ou assim) (uns quantos ajustes no heightmap até acertar nas alturas. No zb ainda fazer algum sculpt se for preciso e sacar o normal e o cavity (para usar no difuse)

mas ao aplicar o normal estava meio flat (é um plano mas mm assim..) e nao se notava o high frequency detail.
    Ajustei os level do normal map para lhe dar mais depth e fiz um bump map no ps para o high frequency (este mais perto do difuse) e passei o normal filter e fiz overlay com pouca intensidade por cima do do zb. --

for the non portuguese speakers the process was:

i did that heigthmap that u see upthere in PS.
    went to zbrush used it as an alpha to inflate the high poly mesh.
    baked the normal
    did a bump based on the difuse , applied a normal map filter and ovelayed it with a small opacity

=)