Home General Discussion

Star Ocean: The Last Hope - Game Review by Zeitgeist Review

Hey everyone, I just finished my review for Star Ocean: The Last Hope for the Xbox 360. This review is significantly better than my last reviews. I have a intro theme song/video, my own cut scenes, and higher quality recordings.

Let me know what you think! If you like what you see, subscribe to my YouTube Channel, leave comments and give me star ratings :-)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeitgeistReview

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoknnBZc9x8[/ame]

Replies

• Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    my brain is going into text mode, here comes the rable
    be aware, my comment sounds a bit hars, but i really like what you are doing

the intro:

30 seconds.. still way too long, make it 10 or max 15 seconds
    some tv programs have a 30 second intro, but there programs takes up to 20 or 40 minutes, even an hour. When a program comes out of the brake, it has a 4 seconds intro to remind you what you were watching and that it continues. be more like that because you are covering something in 6 to 10 minutes.

the effects you use to build up the intro... bleh.. yeah its good, but its not good good
    the images are too small, specialy for just a youtube size video
    i do like that you use yourself as a mix inbetween, its fun,
    maybe the distance between each image, the zoom, is too far/long

be more clear in wtf it is, i once see a flip of game review, and at the end a zeitgeisth
    yeah.. yueah.. uhmm, what ever? what was it? i duno
    you have a turning effect on your text, making it impossible to read.. make a cool logo, make it bounce onto my screen and scale it up and down, make clear that what im watching is yo program!

because of the simple text, i still have the feeling im watching to some youtube nerd making videos. wich you are not right?

scene one

you do not have an orange wall right? make sure the colors make sense, use some filters on your video material to control the colors, make sure it looks good.

the voice transition bothers me a bit, it goes from a bit more global into direct.
    i dont know where you are recording the audio from at this point, but try and record it from a closer distance, or filter it

i do like the newer shots, nicer background, more emotion into the video,

chapter intro
    so you mix in what you are about to cover, thats cool, think the effect can use some work though
    uhmm, yeah you start with 70% showing zeitgeist review, and then a long turn before i see story
    i think you can cut this down, and just say story,
    so you remove zeit, but maybe you can still make it visable, in a small logo form in a corner of the video, instead of trying to put it in my face once more.

the second time you use this thing, it just blast in from out of nowhere,
    if there is something i dont like, its hard noises that suddenly apear, make it fade in for half a second, that way you inform the viewer that this chapter announcement is going to cut in

mid section of the review
    oke you tuned down the volume of the game while speaking, that is good, but i hardly ever hear the game.. just when you mention it is anoying, and i have to hear just that.. not cool

you have a couple moments where i really am asking myself.. wtf?
    around 3.30, you start joking in a way that doesnt add up with the rest of your review, and actualy makes me wonder why im listening to you
    i believe at 4.00 you did the same.. bad jokes, bad referals?

though at 5.30 you did have a good comperisment to a game.

be yourself, like the first part of the review, and the other vids you did earlier, liked that much more because you tried to inform, and not to be funny (funny is a dangerous something)

7.30 = no, dont do that, please stop
    dont cut into to the screen and act funny, its not,

overall, i think the images arent atracting me as a viewer, i need to look at it again to say why this really is, but it might be a timing issue,
    i listen to you, watch some video fragments, and i dont know if they add up, do you tell something about it, before i see it, or after i see it, does it relate to what you are saying?
    maybe, i dont know, and that i dont know is not good.

i do think!
    that you have a great voice to be doing this, i like hearing it for some reason
    you just need to learn how to control it, when to do this or that, and what to do and not to do.

if you figure this out, and when you master more of the setup of a good program, i think you will do well

like to see what you come up with the next time! :)

(mo interresting game plax! )
  • ZeitgeistReview
    Thanks for the comments. I'll take all of that into account in my next review, which should be on the new Wolverine game, as I just got it for my birthday.
  • Microneezia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Microneezia polycounter lvl 10
    tldr

but i cant believe you think Marumaru is annoying! how dare you!

I think I agree with you, if you are implying that real-time combat in a jrpg/ rpg will open up the north amerikas more to this genre; and from what I hear the combat system in S.O is so awesome. The rest of the game looks pretty substandard when compared to other rpgs tho :(

You didnt mention if S.O. was a grind fest or not. I demand a grind rating on every RPG reviewed dammit!
  • ZeitgeistReview
    If it was too long and you didn't watch it, how do you know I didn't mention whether or not it's a grinder? (It's not by the way, I casually played the game the entire time without grinding once)