Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Modeller and/or animator needed for free FPS game

I have a relatively large modding team together working on a remake of a Quake2 mod. The majority of us have been playing the mod for years, and intend on making a free download-able update to it.

A little about the team:
- Two concept artists
- Two audio guys
- Four mappers/texturers
- Three programmers (including myself)
- One modeller

The game we're remaking is called Gloom, to see it's website take a look here: http://www.planetgloom.com/ (I didn't make the site, it sucks, I know). It's a humans VS aliens game, where you earn points from killing enemies to use to buy better classes. Each team has eight classes, one of which is a builder class that builds 7 structures. So as you can imagine, it's pretty content intensive!

The engine is based on a Quake2 engine, but don't get a bad taste in your mouth, haha. We use the Quake3 map format in combination with some of q3map2's modern features to support realtime lighting in combination with deluxemapping for static lighting (which just means that all the static lighting combined is practically free, performance wise). It also supports a fall-back rendering path for computers that can run RTL fast enough. Soft shadows, post process effects, normal spec and parallax all supported on the high-end, and it runs faster and looks better than Quake3 with the settings turned all the way down.

Anyways, if anyone is interested or just curious, contact me here or at echon @ echon . org. As you can tell looking at the roster we primarily need modellers/animators, but we could always use more mappers or texture artists.