Home› 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Thai inspired Naga Statue (In-Game Asset)

Hi Everyone,
It's really great to join Polycount. My name is Ted Morente, and I've been a professional 3D artist for Two and a Half years. I'm currently looking for a job as a 3D artist, primarily on Characters or Props. The companies that I've currently worked for were Treyarch/Activision, and Collision Studios.

I'm currently working on five scenes of an urban environment (which I will post soon), but I took a little break last week and took on a small side project. My inspiration for this ingame asset came from a mythical creature a friend of mine told me about. It was a Naga statue (Multi-headed Dragon-ish Hydra-like creature) that came from certain regions of Thailand. Anyway, the story is the Naga, a scerpent type race guards the stairs to heaven. They live only to serve buddha, I created this asset to serve as a divider that can easily be placed with some broken stone steps. i didnt include the steps cause I thought that that could be built later.

Lupan Hin Naga was created with 3DsMax2009, Zbrush, and Photoshop. It counts up to 13,112k Polys.

tedmorente01.jpg

tedmorentenaga02.jpg

tedmorentenaga03.jpg