Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Glenn-Brando S. Rivera

Replies

• Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks for the awesome critique, I hope I can address them before GDC in two weeks!

Glenn-BrandoShockTrooper01.jpg

Future suit. I'll go into details some other time.

Dude, I think I want to model this...this is a badass concept
  • Glenn-Brando
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Glenn-Brando_IronMan.jpg

Modeling orthographic of an Iron Man redesign. The most difficult thing was trying to come up with an Iron Man design that was different. It's pretty near impossible, since Iron Man's been around for so long, there's already been so many different permutations. After a bunch of weird and off the wall versions, I finally decided to come back to a more conventional design. I knew I needed to keep his face and power source on his chest, as they are iconic elements.

There was a scene in the movie that bothered me enough to remove me from my suspension of disbelief, and that was when Tony escapes the cave and crash lands head first from maybe a mile up, unhurt. So I decided to make an Iron Man with a reinforced neck area. There are also wing stabilizers on his wrists (not in ortho) that I plan on making a close up of. During non-flight, the top portion of his armor shifts downward and his neck unlocks, allowing for freedom of head movement (present in plan sketches).
  • Glenn-Brando
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 14
    dude, your work is amazing! I WANT MORE! lol
  • Glenn-Brando
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thankyou Rooster!

This one is for Wes.

Glenn-Brando_IronMan_ROM.jpg

So I have a friend that wanted to model this, and he was worried that he couldn't move his neck. So I made some range of motion tests with the side view ortho. I guess I had a little fun with it.

The upper body unlocks and shifts down, partially covering his power source circle thingy, and allows more range of motion for his head. Jarvis locks it during high speed flight and during emergency situations (like crash landing), but still allows for limited range of motion. The rest of the armor panels lock and unlock/shift similarly.