Home Digital Sketchbooks

Chains sketch book

Hello, first a little back story on me as this is my first time posting.
I am 16 years old (today was my b-day) and am currently living in Texas, I am aspiring to be a concept artist, and have not taken any schooling as of now.
Anyways here's my dump:
lifedrawingelite.png
elite.png
jackalsketch.png
eliteheadcopy.png
concept.png
sppedpaintingcopy.png
100_4069.jpg
100_4072.jpg
100_4071.jpg
100_4067.jpg
floodgina.png
stylizedpunkzombie-1.png

Replies

• Elhrrah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elhrrah polycounter lvl 8
    This is some great art for someone your age.

The two that stick out to me, are the sixth from the top and the second to last. Did you have any particular source of inspiration for them?
  • Loren Broach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Loren Broach polycounter lvl 10
    Welcome!

These concept are looking really nice. I especially like the second to last one. Reminds me of Half Life :)

Keep making those concepts and make sure to do art studies. Adam Brome recently posted a thread of a bunch of Drawing books that I'm sure would be helpful to you.

http://boards.polycount.net/showthread.php?t=58412

Look forward to seeing more!
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Well, it certainly is a hell of a lot better than I was at 16. Not a whole lot older now at 19, but still this isn't bad.

I'd take a harder look at anatomy, your proportions are a bit off and as a result - your depiction of a human(oid) figure makes things look a little bit weird and sometimes flat.

Other than that, just keep doing what you like doing and it'll all come around for you eventually. Just don't stop wanting to improve, and you won't.
  • Chaosv49
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elhrrah wrote: »
    This is some great art for someone your age.

The two that stick out to me, are the sixth from the top and the second to last. Did you have any particular source of inspiration for them?

-.- I was first told age dosen't matter... -.- They were all like "We're not gonna hold you're hand" I'm 15. Anyways, yeah, good art but less sharpen on some of you're peicies. :)
  • 1chains1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the help guys, also sorry about the title, was in a hurry posting this thread.
    The inspiration for most of these pieces came from alien, halo and silent hill for anyone asking.
    Also thanks for the books, I have never been to any sort of art class, so anything on tutorials and basics would be great.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Chaosv49 wrote: »
    -.- I was first told age dosen't matter...

It doesn't, but it certainly makes it seem more impressive to us because of his age. at least initial reaction wise. I know a lot of us (including myself) wish we had started much earlier ourselves, so it's great that you guys are into it so young.

but try not to get caught up in age. just focus on your work, because that's what matters.
  • 1chains1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Forgot I had this thread, anyways and update:
    speedpaintcopy.png
    Untitled-3copy-1.png
    skully-2.png